Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Default No blackfly.

I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

The weather ? Well, it's an ill wind that blows
nobody any good.

Sam
Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sam" wrote in message
I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

The weather ? Well, it's an ill wind that blows
nobody any good.

Sam

Ours disappeared off the Runner Beans but we did have lots of Lady Birds and
Hover Flies :-)))

We also had one of our best years for Runner Beans

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"sam" wrote in message
I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

The weather ? Well, it's an ill wind that blows
nobody any good.

Sam

Ours disappeared off the Runner Beans but we did have lots of Lady
Birds and Hover Flies :-)))

We also had one of our best years for Runner Beans

I had a few blackfly early on.....one dose of soapy water and nothing since.
Also here, loads of ladybirds. Spent a while today watching the bees on the
runners.......fascinating. Yes, huge crop with masses more to come.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

sam writes
I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

They're all on my water lilies
--
Kay
Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Aries wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 19:02:26 +0100, sam wrote:

I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

The weather ? Well, it's an ill wind that blows
nobody any good.

Sam

Same here Sam, not a single blackfly on my broad beans this year. Me thinks
all the rain we've had must have washed them away lol

They all came to mine (:) sob

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames

Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
We also had one of our best years for Runner Beans

Had? we only picked our first small crop last night!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
We also had one of our best years for Runner Beans

Had? we only picked our first small crop last night!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Our first crop was a little over a week ago and we have picking since :-)

Still plenty on there :-))

Our own seeds failed and these are plug plants from the Nursery. No label so
don't know what breed, but they're good :-)

Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

K wrote:
sam writes
I have just lifted the broad bean plants.
Quite a good crop this year of good quality
but what surprised me was the complete absence
of black fly. In all my years of gardening both at
home and allotment, I never remember that before.

They're all on my water lilies

As usual the new growth on my fan cherry is inundated.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

Blackfly Ron United Kingdom 1 25-06-2003 08:28 PM
Blackfly Ron United Kingdom 1 23-06-2003 09:56 PM
Rhubarb and blackfly. Ron United Kingdom 5 19-06-2003 07:56 AM
Greenfly, Blackfly Kay Easton United Kingdom 0 28-04-2003 09:56 AM
Blackfly/greenfly cure geoff United Kingdom 0 12-04-2003 01:56 PM