Old 07-08-2009, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone ID this climber?

This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle in
my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a fair
number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gribela
writes
This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle in
my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a fair
number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

It might be worse that bindwind. That looks like a Fallopia, and the
usual climbing Fallopia is Russian Vine.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , Gribela
writes
This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle in
my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a fair
number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

It might be worse that bindwind. That looks like a Fallopia, and the
usual climbing Fallopia is Russian Vine.

aka Mile-a-minute vine :-)
--
Kay
Old 08-08-2009, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

K wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , Gribela
writes
This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle
in my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a
fair number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

It might be worse that bindwind. That looks like a Fallopia, and the
usual climbing Fallopia is Russian Vine.

aka Mile-a-minute vine :-)

Hmmm... something to think about.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 8, 2:31*pm, Gribela wrote:
K wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , Gribela
writes
This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle
in my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a
fair number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

It might be worse that bindwind. That looks like a Fallopia, and the
usual climbing Fallopia is Russian Vine.

aka Mile-a-minute vine :-)

Hmmm... something to think about.
Thanks

Move house; quickly; move while you still can see the garden.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-08 14:31:54 +0100, Gribela said:

K wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , Gribela
writes
This climbing plant has twining stems and has swamped a honeysuckle in
my garden. I at first thought it was bindweed and ripped out a fair
number of stems but now it's flowering I can see I was mistaken!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HeatherM...28452680683458

It might be worse that bindwind. That looks like a Fallopia, and the
usual climbing Fallopia is Russian Vine.

aka Mile-a-minute vine :-)

Hmmm... something to think about.
Thanks

Don't stoop to think about it! By the time you've thought it will have
taken over the whole place! --
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.