Old 24-08-2009, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Al-Ko Shredder Problems

I have an Al-Ko SP4000 shredder that is about seven years old and has
done sterling service in getting the jungle that was the garden fairly
clear. However it is now starting to not quite cut thick branches (I was
shredding a confer at the weekend) instead turning it into a flexible
almost tentacle-like strip. It appears that the gap between rotating
cutter and the nylon drum is too large.

I stripped it down at the weekend expecting to find some form of
adjustment for the gap but both cutter and roller seem to be in fixed
positions. Does anyone know this shredder and is there any adjustment
that I can do or do I just have to replace both cutter and roller even
though there should be plenty of life in them.

Thanks,

Andrew