Old 24-10-2009, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fall back

Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!
--
Sacha

Old 24-10-2009, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 Sacha wrote:

Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!

I think someone ought to tell the weather forecasters that we get an
extra hour in the morning. Both Susan Powell this morning and Thomasz
Shaffernaker yesterday lunchtime made the mistake of saying the mornings
would be darker, though Thomasz did correct himself. Susan didn't and
said it every half an hour!

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 24-10-2009, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 Sacha wrote:

Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!

I think someone ought to tell the weather forecasters that we get an extra
hour in the morning. Both Susan Powell this morning and Thomasz
Shaffernaker yesterday lunchtime made the mistake of saying the mornings
would be darker, though Thomasz did correct himself. Susan didn't and said
it every half an hour!

David

http://rance.org.uk

The Institute of Advanced Motoring put out a Memo pointing the dangers of
the clock change.
--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 25-10-2009, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 24, 4:23*pm, Sacha wrote:
Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!
--
Sacha

Thanks. I would have beeen almost caught out. I always thought it's on
the last Saturday of October; But now I see it's actually the last
Sunday.
Old 25-10-2009, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-10-25 11:01:53 +0000, aquachimp

!

Thanks. I would have beeen almost caught out. I always thought it's on
the last Saturday of October; But now I see it's actually the last
Sunday.

That's why I posted it - we had just that conversation in the Nursery
yesterday afternoon. At first, several people were insisting that I
must be wrong because it was the last Saturday etc. And then when I
said it was actually at some horrible hour on the last *Sunday*, they
fell in!
--
Sacha

Old 25-10-2009, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 04:01:53 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

On Oct 24, 4:23*pm, Sacha wrote:
Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!
--
Sacha

Thanks. I would have beeen almost caught out. I always thought it's on
the last Saturday of October; But now I see it's actually the last
Sunday.

I too almost got caught. My daughter, who's an ambulance person told
me she has to work an extra hour, 12 instead of 13, to cover the extra
hour. However, the radio this morning informed me twice.

Pam in Bristol
Old 25-10-2009, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Oct 24, 4:23*pm, Sacha wrote:
Don't forget - clocks go back 1 hour at 2am tomorrow, Sunday 25th October!
--
Sacha

Thanks. I would have beeen almost caught out. I always thought it's on
the last Saturday of October; But now I see it's actually the last
Sunday.

I too almost got caught. My daughter, who's an ambulance person told
me she has to work an extra hour, 12 instead of 13, to cover the extra
hour.

That's one hour less but I understood what you meant.

and next spring she will work one hour less )

OOps, yes, I meant 13 insteaad of 12! Chances are she may not be on
night shift when the times change again in Spring.
snip...........

Pam in Bristol
Old 25-10-2009, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Once he turned up for work when
there was a public holiday and wondered where everybody was.

I did that once! After the initial embarrassment with the gate-man
explaining it was a Bank holiday Monday I didn't know whether to feel
happy at the prospect of the day off or annoyed that I'd gotten up early
to go to work!

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 25-10-2009, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:37:56 +0100, Martin wrote:

I used to work with a guy who regularly used to turn up for work at the wrong
time on the Monday after the clocks changed. Once he turned up for work when
there was a public holiday and wondered where everybody wa

My neighbour nearly always went to church at 10.00 am on the clock
change day

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹