Old 13-11-2009, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To pee or not to pee?

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

Mike

Old 13-11-2009, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 13, 9:32*am, "Muddymike" wrote:
The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

Mike

Or if you want the version you can comment on;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...mposting-urine
Old 13-11-2009, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.

Old 13-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.
Talking

Just out of interest talking about peeing and wearing my angling hat, are people aware that due to the very high levels of female hormones that are now flushed down sewers, the fish population of the rivers of England are
turning female to such an extent that there are in some cases not enough
males to ensure successful reproduction. On a lighter side maybe if some of our birth pill taking female gardeners were to water their wee onto cucumber plants it may reduce the need for the dependancy on female only varieties?
Best wishes Lannerman.
female pill taki
Old 14-11-2009, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:08:09 +0000, ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:34:19 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:41:08 +0000, ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:12:02 -0500, wrote:

In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.

Freshly voided urine is almost invariably sterile.

Invariably depending on whether the person has or has not some sorts of
infection

Freshly voided urine is almost invariably sterile

"Except in cases of kidney or urinary tract infection (UTI), urine is virtually
sterile and nearly odourless."

It tastes rather salty.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 13-11-2009, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-11-13 14:34:19 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:41:08 +0000, ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:12:02 -0500, wrote:

In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.

Freshly voided urine is almost invariably sterile.

Invariably depending on whether the person has or has not some sorts of
infection

And I suppose the antibiotic or other meds question would arise for
the organic gardener!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-11-2009, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I thought I was the only older gent here until I seen Sacha's post. What
young folk don't seem to think about is when you get older the Doctors
put you on all sorts of prescription medicines so how can your drug
tainted sterilized urine on the compost pile be safe to use?.

I've heard of urine being used for compost piles many years ago but that
it was only being used by 3rd world people who were to poor to buy a box
of Miracle grow.

Old 13-11-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.

So you won't be doing a Rolf Harris then? Nor be the person to have standing
by when your best mate comes out of the ocean covered in jellyfish stings?

*chortle*

Old 14-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.
A limeric I wrote in memory of a friend at school telling me that his uncle used to pee in a bucket and water the roses:

There was on old man from Nantucket,
Who would widdle into a bucket,
He spread it around,
All over the ground
Most especially around his roses he'd chuck it.

He wasn't from Nantucket, but it does rhyme with bucket.

Urea is actually one of the most potent fertilisers as it is approximtely 43% Nitrogen (or so I remember from my college days).

Over use will damage the plants though!
__________________
www.grownforyou.co.uk

Fruit trees and plants for the Grow Your Own gardener.
Old 13-11-2009, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:32:27 -0000, "Muddymike"
wrote:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The very article has just been discussed by Jeremy Vine on Radio 2.
Why are people so prudish? I know that Adam Hart-Davis had a
straw-bale toilet in his Bristol garden and encouraged male visitors
to use it. Why are some people so prudish?
It's tough being a woman, but Google for Shewee.

Pam in Bristol

vegies and pee James Edible Gardening 17 05-10-2006 07:29 PM
15' CecileBruner Tee-Pee Quest. [email protected] Roses 2 09-05-2005 06:39 PM
pee in the pile Mogie Gardening 52 03-10-2003 04:22 AM
Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell? MHF Lawns 3 30-07-2003 02:23 AM
You know what? Dogs pee there as well, that corner always stinks. Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 04:56 AM