Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered User

Location: Durham UK
Default Can Plants Stop Climate Change?

Is it right to suggest that Plants can really change our climate? Will this change be a good thing or a bad thing? Will this climate chage have negative or postive impacts on other species of life apart from hum,an beings? I read an article recently in the UK's Daily Telegraph to suggest that if everyone planted 30 plants in their garden, we could improve the decline of our environment and improve the climate.
Air pollution is an issue that few are ready to tackle. In Japan, however, Toyota is researching horticultural solutions to address this matter. They believe that certain enhanced species of plant life may contribute to improving the environment. How have the British government reacted to these claims?