Old 23-12-2009, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default O/T Snow...

As the Bloody stuff is falling again as I write,
This seems appropriate......

How soon the magic is lost ;o)

Snow, Snow, Thick Thick Snow

DEC 16th

It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first we've

seen for years. The wife and I took our hot toddies and sat on the porch

watching the fluffy snow flakes drift gently down clinging to the trees

and covering the ground. It's so beautiful and peaceful.

DEC 17th.

We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white glistening snow

covering as far as the eye could see. What a fantastic sight, every tree

and bush covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shovelled snow for the

first time ever and loved it. I did both our driveway and pavement.

Later that day a snowplough came along and accidentally covered up

our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and
waved. I waved back and shovelled it away again. The children next door

built a snowman with coal for eyes and a carrot for a nose, and had a

snowball fight, a couple just missed me and hit the car so I threw a

couple back and joined in their fun.

DEC 18th.

It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temperature

dropped to around minus 8 degrees. Several branches on our trees and

bushes snapped due to the weight of snow. I shovelled our driveway again.
Shortly afterwards the snowplough came by and did his trick again. Much of

the snow is now a brownish-grey.

Dec 19th.

Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which soon

became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tyres for both

our cars £500. Fell on my a*se in the driveway. £100 to a physio but nothing
was broken.

DEC 20th.

Still cold. Sold the wife's car and bought her a 4x4 to get her to

work. She slid into a wall and did considerable damage to the right wing -

£200. Had another 8 inches of white sh*te last night. Both vehicles are

re-covered in salt and iced up slush. That b*stard snowplough came by

twice today. Where's that bl*ody shovel.

DEC 21st

More F*****G snow. Not a tree or bush in our property that hasn't

been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing

to death with candles and a paraffin heater which tipped over and nearly

torched the house. I managed to put the flames out but suffered 2nd degree

burns on my hands. Lost all my eye brows and eyelashes. Car hit a F*****G

deer on the way to casualty and was written off.

DEC 22nd

F*****G B*****D white sh*te just keeps on coming down. Have to put on

every article of clothing just to go to the post box. The little C***S

next door ambushed me with snowballs on the way back - I'll shove that

carrot so far up the little pr*cks a*se it'll take a good surgeon 6 hours

to find it. If I ever catch the a*sehole that drives the snowplough I'll

chew open his chest and rip out his heart with my teeth. I think the

B*****D hides round the corner and waits for me to finish shovelling and

then he accelerates down the street like Michael F*****G Schumacher and

buries the F*****G driveway again.

DEC 23rd

16 more sodding inches of F*****G snow and F*****G ice and F*****G

sleet and god knows what other white sh*te fell last night. I am in court

in 3 months time for assaulting the snowplough driver with an ice pick.

Can't move my F*****g toes. Haven't seen the sun for 5 weeks. Minus 20 and

more F*****G snow forecast F**K THIS, IM MOVING BACK TO LONDON.

Old 24-12-2009, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jimbo" wrote in message
As the Bloody stuff is falling again as I write,
This seems appropriate......

It's all down to that global warming, we only had 3 inches of snow, and the
temperature rose to 2 degrees C

Alan

Old 25-12-2009, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , alan.holmes
writes
It's all down to that global warming, we only had 3 inches of snow, and the
temperature rose to 2 degrees C

Alan

Here in Amersham several people have measured 10 - 12 inches f snow in
their gardens though it is now thawing and the roads are becoming more
passable though not the pavements!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy