Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default will BBC get us back watching ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I guess

kate
Old 12-01-2010, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kate Morgan wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I
guess

kate

sounds good, except for: "Producers ... will prune half-an-hour from the
show."
Old 12-01-2010, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"gogo" wrote in message
om...
Kate Morgan wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I
guess

kate

sounds good, except for: "Producers ... will prune half-an-hour from the
show."

It used to be a 30 minute programme, and was the better for it. One of the
things that has, IMO, gone wrong with the current show is all the padding to
try to extend it to a 60 minute show and as a result, it being filled with
trivia and presenters padding out the dialogue in a cringworthy manner.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:40:55 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I guess

kate

Similar article in new edition of Radio Times, plus a new Monty
programme, more on farming, on Channel 4.

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-01-2010, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kate Morgan wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I
guess

kate

Personally, I see nothing wrong with addressing less experienced
gardeners (as well). After all, the "next generation" has to come from
somewhere (and I still consider myself a novice, although not very
young). But it can be done in a sensible and serious manner. What really
bugged me was all this trivia, as somebody else has noted, things like
30.minute makeovers and other pratting about. What I want to see is
good, nitty-gritty gardening and less of the lardy-dah firlefanz.

Regards

Alan

Old 13-01-2010, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MW MW is offline

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:42:59 +0100, Alan Johnson
wrote:

Kate Morgan wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453991.stm wait and see I
guess

kate

Personally, I see nothing wrong with addressing less experienced
gardeners (as well). After all, the "next generation" has to come from
somewhere (and I still consider myself a novice, although not very

I reckon it has to be either a program for 'experienced' or a
programme for 'beginngers', rather than trying to please everyone.
What with BBC 1 2 3 and 4, and the Gardeners QT on the radio, there
should be enough space to put out a programme for each.

And in this world of the Tinternet, just dust off some old Geoff
Hamilton and other classic 'how to' basic guides, and put them on the
internet. You certainly don't need to commission yet another 5minute
sequence on buliding and managing a compo heap!