Old 14-03-2010, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Have you mowed the lawn yet?

Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)
--
http://www.Voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 14-03-2010, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:39:00 +0000, mogga wrote:

Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns ..

Good grief not a chance yet. The grass around here is looking like it
did at the end of summer '76, golden brown. The snow drops are just
starting to bloom and more of the daffs are 1" above the ground, the
most advanced might be 2".

Been quite a thaw in the last 36 hrs our clearance heaps from the
snow that fell on the 27th Feb (3") and 2nd March (2") have finally
disappeared. The remnants of the larger drifts (5') from the Dec/Jan
period are reduced by 50%.

They are still skiing on Yad Moss a few miles down the road, 18" or
so on the top but it's starting to get a bit patchy low down.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 14-03-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote in message
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)

No.

Neighbour has, though, and it looks pretty good.
Then again he is selling his house.

Our front lawn has a trailer on it (small lawn, big trailer).
Our rear lawn has scaffold boards across it, a garden swing and a sun
lounger (!) and loads of bits of concrete and wood and stuff on it.
One small area may benefit from cutting, but not just yet.

The rear lawn is also profiled like a roller coaster and may well be a write
off after all the abuse it has suffered over winter.

I do have two petrol lawnmowers at the moment, which is definitely overkill.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 14-03-2010, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 14, 6:17*pm, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
"mogga" wrote in message

Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)

No.

Neighbour has, though, and it looks pretty good.
Then again he is selling his house.

Our front lawn has a trailer on it (small lawn, big trailer).
Our rear lawn has scaffold boards across it, a garden swing and a sun
lounger (!) and loads of bits of concrete and wood and stuff on it.
One small area may benefit from cutting, but not just yet.

The rear lawn is also profiled like a roller coaster and may well be a write
off after all the abuse it has suffered over winter.

I do have two petrol lawnmowers at the moment, which is definitely overkill.

Cheers

Dave R

Haven't seen enough growth yet. Dog has covered lawn in semi chewed
bits of stick (the front garden belongs to him, the veg garden out
back is mine. If I could work out a way to tie a lawnmower (or vacuum
cleaner) to a tail the world would be a happier place
Old 15-03-2010, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote in message
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice
looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the
right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)
--

Mine are no where near needing mowing, but I may get the roller
driven rotary mower out next weekend to roll it all and clear up

Mike

Old 15-03-2010, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:17:17 -0000, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
.. .
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)

No.

Neighbour has, though, and it looks pretty good.
Then again he is selling his house.

Ah so is our neighbour - or he said he was (End of last year He'd
mentioned how much the EA told him it was worth which still causes me
much amusement now)

Old 15-03-2010, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Muddymike
writes

"mogga" wrote in message
.. .
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice
looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the
right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)
--

Mine are no where near needing mowing, but I may get the roller
driven rotary mower out next weekend to roll it all and clear up
all the debris. What I have done however is fill a couple of big
dips with soil.
How soon can I sow the grass seed?

Mike

Soon as it gets warm enough (and wet enough) to germinate it - probably
mid-April
--
hugh

Old 15-03-2010, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)

Did ours today before going down the allotment to do some rotovating and
weeding.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-03-2010, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"mogga" wrote in message
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)
--

Mine are no where near needing mowing, but I may get the roller driven
rotary mower out next weekend to roll it all and clear up all the debris.
What I have done however is fill a couple of big dips with soil.
How soon can I sow the grass seed?

Mike
you can seed now the soil temperature is rising daily and more sunlight

Old 16-03-2010, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
Neighbour across the road has today. He's always got nice looking
lawns .. is folllowing his lead and getting out there now the right
thing to do (It's SO cold though!)

Yes about 10 days ago
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 16-03-2010, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14 Mar, 15:39, mogga wrote:
Neighbour across the road has today.

I havn't even walked on ours since November. I don't own a pair of
waders.

which soil is better scientifically -- pastured or mowed Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Plant Science 0 26-06-2009 06:48 AM
Mowed with the big Wheelhorse Srgnt Billko Lawns 0 05-05-2008 01:01 AM
Mowed the garden Srgnt Billko Lawns 8 14-10-2007 05:01 PM
"Mowed" bamboo Kinda Usheq Bamboo 2 06-06-2006 02:53 AM
mowed clippings cause damage to plants??? [email protected] Plant Science 0 24-08-2005 08:43 PM