Old 24-03-2010, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Last call for artichokes ...

Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Old 24-03-2010, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Scrub them and liquidise with some stock.

Simmer for ten minutes.

Enjoy.

--
Rusty
Old 24-03-2010, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 24 Mar, 19:38, Rusty Hinge
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Scrub them and liquidise with some stock.

Simmer for ten minutes.

Enjoy.

--
Rusty

I'd like to try again but last time the badgers demolished and scoffed
the lot.
Have you grown Oca?
David Hill
Old 24-03-2010, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Rusty Hinge wrote:
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Scrub them and liquidise with some stock.
Simmer for ten minutes.
Enjoy.

No, see, I'm well aware of the fact that I don't like them.
I don't want them. I want them to stop bloody growing!!
:-(

Old 24-03-2010, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Dave Hill wrote:
I'd like to try again but last time the badgers demolished and scoffed
the lot.

Please send me your badgers!

Have you grown Oca?

Nick did that last year. Very disappointing crop, and the ones we got were
.... awkward to cook (due to being small and knobbly). He quite liked them
and is planning on doing them again this year, but if it was up to me I
wouldn't bother.

Old 25-03-2010, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Did you get my email about these?

Alan

Old 25-03-2010, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

alan.holmes wrote:
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Did you get my email about these?

Found it and replied now. Apologies to anyone who replied to my posting
address not my reply-to address, I often just delete it all as spam. :-/
Old 25-03-2010, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
On 24 Mar, 19:38, Rusty Hinge
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me a
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Scrub them and liquidise with some stock.

Simmer for ten minutes.

Enjoy.

I'd like to try again but last time the badgers demolished and scoffed
the lot.
Have you grown Oca?

Dunno - has it got another name?

Send address if you want some artichokes - I could fill a compost sack
with what I have still in the ground.

Remove 'foobar' for working emu

--
Rusty
Old 25-03-2010, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Did you get my email about these?

Found it and replied now. Apologies to anyone who replied to my posting
address not my reply-to address, I often just delete it all as spam. :-/

I still have not received anything about the artichokes!

Alan

alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old 26-03-2010, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

alan.holmes wrote:
Found it and replied now. Apologies to anyone who replied to my posting
address not my reply-to address, I often just delete it all as spam. :-/

I still have not received anything about the artichokes!

How odd. I definitely replied.
If you send me your address by tomorrow lunchtime (when I'm planning on
being organised enough to post) I'll pop some in the post to you.
Old 26-03-2010, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:
Found it and replied now. Apologies to anyone who replied to my posting
address not my reply-to address, I often just delete it all as spam.
:-/

I still have not received anything about the artichokes!

How odd. I definitely replied.
If you send me your address by tomorrow lunchtime (when I'm planning on
being organised enough to post) I'll pop some in the post to you.

I've just sent that by email, hope you get it ok!

Old 26-03-2010, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Rusty Hinge wrote:
Last chance, if anyone wants any jerusalem artichokes to plant, give me
yell, otherwise they're going on eBay.

Scrub them and liquidise with some stock.
Simmer for ten minutes.
Enjoy.

No, see, I'm well aware of the fact that I don't like them.
I don't want them. I want them to stop bloody growing!!
:-(

Just a thought. If you have a local greengrocer, ask him if he would like
to buy some to sell as local produce.
It's worth a chance!
Seriously, they do make big money in supermarkets for a few tubers and it
seems a pity that you cannot find a market for them.
Tina
P.S. I haven't eaten mine yet but as it's the weekend I'm going to give
them a go.

Old 26-03-2010, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Christina Websell wrote:
Just a thought. If you have a local greengrocer, ask him if he would like
to buy some to sell as local produce.

Our local greengrocer shut down last year (after being open less than a
month). There is a florist who sells 'local' stuff, but they already have a
supplier.

Seriously, they do make big money in supermarkets for a few tubers and it
seems a pity that you cannot find a market for them.

It's not a huge problem, I don't have enough of them to cause a massive
problem. I just don't like anything to go to waste, even if I've been
trying to discourage them. :-)