Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered User

Location: york
Unhappy Is my bay tree past helping?

Hi,I live in East Yorkshire, between Hull and York and I have a bay tree in my front small garden which is about 10ft high and 10 years old (since it was planted in my garden). I had been planning on having it trimmed back this year but over the winter it appears to have died. The leaves are mostly still in place but all dried up and I cannot see any signs of budding. I have another shrub next to it, not sure what it is, that is suffering the same. Next door has a smaller bay tree which looks totally healthy. Do you think it is a lost cause or does anyone have any suggestions as the best way to proceed to try to save both plants? Thanks