Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flies in Conservatory,

What do people use to get rid of them, Electronic Zappers? Feromone glue
traps? sprays?
Any recommendations based on experience please.
Don
Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Donwill wrote in news:82df4tFlddU1
@mid.individual.net:

What do people use to get rid of them, Electronic Zappers? Feromone glue
traps? sprays?
Any recommendations based on experience please.
Don

Don I tried just about everything.
In your home Electric Zappers work well, but a flytape will get those
reluctant to the zapper.

You can buy the battery powered zapper real cheap, and if you put them in
every room you should not be bothered again.I think i paid £35ish for 7 of
them from Aldi or Netto a couple of years ago

The downside is that they kill every insect that flies or crawls into them,
good or bad.

If you find a supplier will you let the group know please.

PtePike
Old 11-04-2010, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 11 Apr, 14:02, PtePike wrote:
Donwill wrote in news:82df4tFlddU1
@mid.individual.net:

What do people use to get rid of them, Electronic Zappers? Feromone glue
traps? sprays?
Any recommendations based on experience please.
Don

Don I tried just about everything.
In your home Electric Zappers work well, but a flytape will get those
reluctant to the zapper.

You can buy the battery powered zapper real cheap, and if you put them in
every room you should not be bothered again.I think i paid £35ish for 7 of
them from Aldi or Netto a couple of years ago

The downside is that they kill every insect that flies or crawls into them,
good or bad.

If you find a supplier will you let the group know please.

PtePike *

An airosol of RAID from Tesco, also use it to spot treat outbreaks of
pests on plants to stop them geting established.
David Hill
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donwill" wrote in message
What do people use to get rid of them, Electronic Zappers? Feromone glue
traps? sprays?
Any recommendations based on experience please.
Don

I got an electronic fly zapper but it failed to attract a single fly. They
just thumbed their noses at it ;-)
Maybe I should have got a more expensive one.
I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder) tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle. If they can give out
chemicals that can do that - I want none of them.
So I suppose my safe solution suggestion would be glue-type fly papers
unless you are a master swatter operator.

Tina
P.S. wild garlic all up and running

Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:15:37 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder) tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle)

Is it difficult breeding famous dogs?

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

Old 11-04-2010, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:06:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not
those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder)
tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle)

Is it difficult breeding famous dogs?

Why do you ask?

Because your friend is a famous dog breeder.

Now if she was a famous breeder of dogs that might be different.

D'oh !

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)
Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:06:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not
those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder)
tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle)

Is it difficult breeding famous dogs?

Why do you ask?

Because your friend is a famous dog breeder.

Now if she was a famous breeder of dogs that might be different.

D'oh !

Ah, I see you are pedantic. She is a famous breeder of dogs (and her dogs
are famous too)
Hope that helps with my lack of correct English.

You knew exactly what I meant though - were you having a bad day or
something? FGS.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote

Take a deep breath exhale and the flies fall out of the sky? )

No - swatting is required.
Unless you want to breath in fly spray that works by disabling their
neoro-transmitters. I don't want to..but feel free if you are sure it won't
endanger your health.
Tina

Old 13-04-2010, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:04:03 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote

Take a deep breath exhale and the flies fall out of the sky? )

No - swatting is required.
Unless you want to breath in fly spray that works by disabling their
neoro-transmitters. I don't want to..but feel free if you are sure it
won't
endanger your health.

I'm safe. I haven't a conservatory.
--

Now you are being silly.

Martin

Old 13-04-2010, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:39:11 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not
those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder)
tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle)

Is it difficult breeding famous dogs?

Why do you ask?

Because your friend is a famous dog breeder.

Now if she was a famous breeder of dogs that might be different.

D'oh !

Ah, I see you are pedantic. She is a famous breeder of dogs (and her dogs
are famous too)
Hope that helps with my lack of correct English.

You knew exactly what I meant though - were you having a bad day or
something? FGS.

Your English is fine.

It's just my mutational quirks to blame

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)
Old 13-04-2010, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:30:10 +0200, Martin wrote:

I fall back on the fly papers, which are not pleasant but I won't use a
poisonous spray that I might be breathing in myself and definitely not
those
"will last three months" things which my friend (a famous dog breeder)
tells
me interfere with her house dogs' oestrus cycle)

Is it difficult breeding famous dogs?

Why do you ask?

Because your friend is a famous dog breeder.

Now if she was a famous breeder of dogs that might be different.

Ah, I see you are pedantic. She is a famous breeder of dogs (and her dogs
are famous too)
Hope that helps with my lack of correct English.

You knew exactly what I meant though - were you having a bad day or
something? FGS.

Your English is fine.

It's just my mutational quirks to blame

Have you tried Roundup?