Old 24-04-2010, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default turfed vlawn

Hi All just has a lawn turfed and how long does it take to mow it. I know
its been sunny and no rain. i have been hosing it nightly. The garden now is
growing very fast and looks like it will be cut in a few weeks. how long
shall i wait to cut it

TIA

ste

Old 24-04-2010, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

STEPHEN
wibbled on Saturday 24 April 2010 19:54

Hi All just has a lawn turfed and how long does it take to mow it. I know
its been sunny and no rain. i have been hosing it nightly. The garden now
is growing very fast and looks like it will be cut in a few weeks. how
long shall i wait to cut it

TIA

ste

With turfed, as soon as you like once it starts growing. It's seeded lawns
you need to be a bit more careful with. However, I would set it for a long
cut for now - The root system is growing and more leaf area = more energy
from the sun converted.

Good idea to keep it watered as you are doing until it bonds properly with
the original soil under the new turfs.

--
Tim Watts