Old 23-05-2010, 01:42 PM
MG ZS STE's Avatar
Registered User

Default can anyone identify this weed?

Hi, new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a very persistant weed that i thought i got rid of last summer but appears that its now starting to come back. Its very destructive and can even ush through cement. I need to identify the weed and find out if there is any permanent removal solution for it. But how do i attach an image, can somebody help?
Old 23-05-2010, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 23 May 2010 08:42:36 -0400, MG ZS STE wrote:

. But how do i attach an image, can
somebody help?

You don't. You upload it to your personal web-site or a photo-sharing
site such as flickr* and post the link here.

*other photo-sharing sites are available.
Old 23-05-2010, 04:16 PM
MG ZS STE's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/pictu...&pictureid=543

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/pictu...&pictureid=542
Old 23-05-2010, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MG ZS STE" wrote...

Hi, new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a very persistant weed
that i thought i got rid of last summer but appears that its now
starting to come back. Its very destructive and can even ush through
cement. I need to identify the weed and find out if there is any
permanent removal solution for it. But how do i attach an image, can
somebody help?

This is a non-binary or text only Newsgroup ( part of Usenet which predates
www) so you can't attach photos here, at least if you managed to our Servers
would strip it away. As Derek has said you have to just post a link to it
here and as you posted via the Gardenbanter web site (instead of direct) you
can use their facility for uploading photos and then post the link on here.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-05-2010, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MG ZS STE" wrote in message

Hi, new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a very persistant weed
that i thought i got rid of last summer but appears that its now
starting to come back. Its very destructive and can even ush through
cement. I need to identify the weed and find out if there is any
permanent removal solution for it. But how do i attach an image, can
somebody help?

It it's pushing up through cement, then even without a picture I'll venture
it's Japanese knotweed.

--

Jeff

Old 23-05-2010, 09:27 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

I can't see either of these pictures. If it's pushing through concrete, have you looked up Japanese Knotweed?
Old 23-05-2010, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:
"MG ZS STE" wrote in message

Hi, new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a very persistant weed
that i thought i got rid of last summer but appears that its now
starting to come back. Its very destructive and can even ush through
cement. I need to identify the weed and find out if there is any
permanent removal solution for it. But how do i attach an image, can
somebody help?

It it's pushing up through cement, then even without a picture I'll
venture it's Japanese knotweed.

Or mares tail?
--

Pete C
London. UK.

Old 24-05-2010, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 23 May 2010 16:59:31 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

This is a non-binary or text only Newsgroup ( part of Usenet which
predates www)

Pre-dates, even. Though it could be said that Garden Banter predates
urg
Old 24-05-2010, 04:02 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

I think you have your humour sensor switched off today.

You yourself have complained of gb's predation of urg ;-)
Old 24-05-2010, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 24 May 2010 14:35:02 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message from Derek Turner
contains these words:

. Though it could be said that Garden Banter predates urg

It could be said, but it would not be true.

Janet

Yeah, you're probably right parasite != predator