Old 28-05-2010, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please send rain

My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed
about 6 weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Mike

Old 28-05-2010, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Muddymike
writes
My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed
about 6 weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Mike

It's forecast for tomorrow.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 28-05-2010, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:

My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed
about 6 weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Mike

Your lawn wont die - grass lives forever and soon greens up again once
rain arrives. speaking of which - I wish I could send you some of ours,
the garden is not much better than a swamp just now.
Cheers,
Compo in Caithness.
Old 29-05-2010, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Paul Simonite wrote:
Your lawn wont die - grass lives forever and soon greens up again once
rain arrives.

tell that to the 2 rolls of turf we put in with the chickens. :-(
Old 29-05-2010, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" ...
My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed about 6
weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Same here, and I've even resorted to watering mine to slow down the change
to brown. Had a slight shower the other night after I cleaned the car,
always works! But driving around the next morning we noticed all around got
a lot more of the wet stuff than us, our roads were dry yet 10 miles away
there were large puddles everywhere.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 29-05-2010, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

snip
It's pouring with fine rain here today and looks as if it has been
doing so all night. Another hour or two and then we'd like some sun
back for the Bank Holiday week end, thank you!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Same here in Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Old 29-05-2010, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Muddymike" ...
My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed
about 6 weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Same here, and I've even resorted to watering mine to slow down
the change to brown. Had a slight shower the other night after
I cleaned the car, always works! But driving around the next
morning we noticed all around got a lot more of the wet stuff
than us, our roads were dry yet 10 miles away there were large
puddles everywhere.

Sadly my watering power is somewhat restricted as my well pump
packed up a while back. Two weeks ago the manufacturers sent DHL
to pick it up but no sign of a return yet. We seem to have a
microclimate here, no rain in Leyburn but downpours in the next
dale where my wife works. It must be something to do with the
hills that surround us.

Mike
(Can I be just Mike now that the troublesome one has departed?)

Old 29-05-2010, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed
about 6 weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Whoever sent it, thank you. Now please make it stop!

Mike

Old 29-05-2010, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

I knew this would happen when I treated it with feed and weed about 6
weeks ago, hardly any rain since.

Whoever sent it, thank you. Now please make it stop!

An old lady I knew once said to me "be careful of what you wish for, you
just might get it.."

It's been raining all day here too.
Cheers
Tina

Old 30-05-2010, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 30 May, 15:33, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Same here, and I've even resorted to watering mine to slow down the change
to brown. Had a slight shower the other night after I cleaned the car,
always works!

* LOL. It's been dry here for weeks. Last week we took the car to a
charity car-wash/coffee morning in aid of a local kids nursery.
* We supposed the local firebrigade *would be providing the wash, which
is usually the case at these local events.

* When we arrived, *lots of tiny wet infants with wet sponges, *were
running about shrieking. We tried hard not to park on top of one.
A few yummy mummies were ferrying *tiny childsized beach buckets of
water from the church hall across the road, *where the rest of the YMs
were serving *teas *and cakes.
No fire engine, no mains water, no hosepipes, *the toddlers and their
toy buckets were the sole car cleaning workforce.

* * *Amazingly, *they got the car pretty clean. We felt like child slavers.

* * Janet.

Next thing is to teach them to carry their buckets of water down the
garden to water plants.
David

Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 28 May 2010 18:03:05 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

My lawn is dying.
See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10698?sort=0
and the next one.

perhaps its time to start to collect the water out of your kitchen sink?