Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Sprinkler and hose fitting O ring rubber washers

I find those small rubber 'O ' washers ( 15mm dia x 2mm ) that seal the
garden sprinklers and hose fittings seem to split after a year or two. Mind
you I do leave the sprinklers out in the weather all year.

The last time i bought a few from a garden centre they were expensive.
Would anyone know where to buy a small bag of them reasonably? Thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
crb crb is offline

On 1 July, 16:02, "john hamilton" wrote:
I find those small rubber 'O ' washers ( 15mm dia x 2mm ) that seal the
garden sprinklers and hose fittings seem to split after a year or two.

The last time i bought a few from a garden centre they were expensive.
Would anyone know where to buy a small bag of them reasonably? * Thanks

I bought a bag of them a couple of years ago from Radiospares, RS
part no 689-653, £2.88 for 50

CRB

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "john hamilton"
saying something like:

I find those small rubber 'O ' washers ( 15mm dia x 2mm ) that seal the
garden sprinklers and hose fittings seem to split after a year or two. Mind
you I do leave the sprinklers out in the weather all year.

The last time i bought a few from a garden centre they were expensive.
Would anyone know where to buy a small bag of them reasonably? Thanks

You could get a box of assorted O-rings from Screwfix, etc.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"john hamilton" wrote in message
I find those small rubber 'O ' washers ( 15mm dia x 2mm ) that seal the
garden sprinklers and hose fittings seem to split after a year or two. Mind
you I do leave the sprinklers out in the weather all year.

The last time i bought a few from a garden centre they were expensive.
Would anyone know where to buy a small bag of them reasonably? Thanks

Just how expensive are they if one lasts two years?

Bill

Old 01-07-2010, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Bill Grey wrote:
"john wrote in message
I find those small rubber 'O ' washers ( 15mm dia x 2mm ) that seal the
garden sprinklers and hose fittings seem to split after a year or two. Mind
you I do leave the sprinklers out in the weather all year.

The last time i bought a few from a garden centre they were expensive.
Would anyone know where to buy a small bag of them reasonably? Thanks

Just how expensive are they if one lasts two years?

Bill

Ebay item 200345021257

Bob

Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Minchin
saying something like:

Ebay item 200345021257

Handy, ta. Extra bonus O-rings show how cheap they really are.