Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Evelyn Usher

Default Power washers.

Hi there,
Two years ago I bought a Kracker(sP) washer. I gave my friend a use of it. However she
has since had a neighbours one and she said it was much more powerful and did the job
in quarter the time. Any comments would be appreciated as I am now thinking of
replacing mine. Mine cost about £100 from BQ

--
Evelyn in Scotland

Old 08-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered User

Location: West Yorkshire. UK

If you only have a small area to clean maybe one that cleans slowly is ok. Also it might be the nozzle attachment you can get different ones for different jobs and using the correct nozzle does help.

Stephen
Old 09-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Evelyn wrote in message
Two years ago I bought a Kracker(sP) washer. I gave my friend a use of it.

However she
has since had a neighbours one and she said it was much more powerful and

did the job
in quarter the time. Any comments would be appreciated as I am now

thinking of
replacing mine. Mine cost about £100 from BQ

--

Two things affect the speed of power washing, the pressure of the spray
normally quoted in "Bar" and the type of nozzle used.

For cleaning paving I use a "Turbo" nozzle (Kew machine) , it's very
abrasive and my friends wooden garden bench can prove it, it ripped into the
wood. For goodness sake don't forget and use it on the car!!

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Mike Gilmore

Also check out www.screwfix.com they have 100bar,110bar and 140 bar
washers - take your pick!

Regards,
Mike Gilmore
www.winsfordwalledgarden.freeserve.co.uk

Old 09-05-2003, 09:08 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Evelyn Usher
writes
Two years ago I bought a Kracker(sP) washer. I gave my friend a use of
it. However she
has since had a neighbours one and she said it was much more powerful
and did the job
in quarter the time. Any comments would be appreciated as I am now
thinking of
replacing mine. Mine cost about £100 from BQ

One with an inductive motor will be quieter and last longer according to
a review I recently read.

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Cerumen" wrote in message
Bob wrote in message
Two things affect the speed of power washing, the pressure of the spray
normally quoted in "Bar" and the type of nozzle used.
Find out what "Bar" the other person's one has, the higher the better.

Most
are around 1 bar.

1 Bar is normal atmospheric pressure, my, very cheap and now recently
defunct, B&Q cheap model was rated at between 80 and 100 and was quite

good
when the nozzle was needle set but not very good on fan spray. Generally
the more pressure the better and more expensive I think is the case.

Yes, my mistake, I intended to type 100 Bar.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 PM
bnd777

Be careful though they only work OK if your water pressure is good enough
.........ours used to be fine and our KEW pressure washer 80-100bar was great
but now it "hunts" like mad
Water company of course could not give a monkeys

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Evelyn Usher
writes

Old 13-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Michael Berridge

Evelyn Usher wrote in message ...

Thanks for all replies. Perhaps I should add that I have a very large

paved area. It does
not get much sun all day.

--

I have bought the Bosch washer this year, 130bar, and is does a very
good job, the rotating nozzle working better than the fan one on my

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 16-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Cerumen

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Two things affect the speed of power washing, the pressure of the spray
normally quoted in "Bar" and the type of nozzle used.
Find out what "Bar" the other person's one has, the higher the better.

Most
are around 1 bar.

1 Bar is normal atmospheric pressure, my, very cheap and now recently
defunct, B&Q cheap model was rated at between 80 and 100 and was quite good
when the nozzle was needle set but not very good on fan spray. Generally
the more pressure the better and more expensive I think is the case.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork