Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please ID this Plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51750622@N06/4761141268/

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my garden
?.

TIA...

Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"woodglass" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51750622@N06/4761141268/

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my garden
?.

Hieracium aurantiacum
English Name: Orange Hawkweed or Fox and Cubs
I think
R. :-)

Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/07/2010 18:38, Ragnar wrote:
wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51750622@N06/4761141268/

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my garden
?.

Hieracium aurantiacum
English Name: Orange Hawkweed or Fox and Cubs
I think
R. :-)

Certainly looks like one, a google search on Ragnar's suggestion shows a
few decent images.

A weed is only a plant growing where you don't want it but probably
is classed as a weed.

Glyphosate is probably the best treatment.

Geoff Lane

Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51750622@N06/4761141268/

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my
garden
?.

Hieracium aurantiacum
English Name: Orange Hawkweed or Fox and Cubs
I think
R. :-)

Certainly looks like one, a google search on Ragnar's suggestion shows a
few decent images.

A weed is only a plant growing where you don't want it

There's a lot of it growing in the local churchyard - I think it looks
quite pretty:-)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodglass[_2_] View Post
SDC10812m on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is it a flower or a weed ?.

How can I get rid of it permanently - it's growing everywhere in my garden
?.

TIA...
In a lawn, basic lawn feedkiller will dooferem. But it's too dry for that just now. It has a tap-root, like a dandelion. I find such things pull out quite easily at the moment. I think pulling them out will probably be as quick as glyphosating them, which has to be done individually, unless you want to kill everything. Then, as with many weeds the trick is to make sure something else is growing there, hence the need to feed as well as weedkill.

In flower beds if you have loadofem, and this is not the first year, you will have a load of past seeds.

Like dandelions, the seeds fly in so you won't be ridofem for ever.