Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a difference some rain makes!

Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt is
nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Cheers

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Old 12-07-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
lid says...
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt is
nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Cheers

Dave R

What rain?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says...
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt is
nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

What rain?

Precisely :-( It missed Cambridge by a few miles, to both sides.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:16:04 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt is
nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Cheers

Dave R

Barely enough to wet the soil yet here in Oldham.
It's dropped massively in temperature though *brr* lol
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt
is nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

A few drops wide enough apart that you could dodge them, that's all we got.
Off down the allotment to water once more.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 12-07-2010, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga wrote:

Barely enough to wet the soil yet here in Oldham.
It's dropped massively in temperature though *brr* lol

Intermittent drizzle here, not enough to do much to the garden
yet, though sufficient to stop me gloss painting my garage door.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt
is nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Cheers

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Steady rain for most of the day here in Norfolk.

mark

Old 12-07-2010, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mark wrote:
"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water
butt is nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Cheers

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Steady rain for most of the day here in Norfolk.

Same here in Leics. Temperature has dropped to 16 tops from 28.
Grass is greening up as we speak, you can almost see it!
Tina

Old 13-07-2010, 02:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , David WE Roberts
writes
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.

Not here it hasn't !

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-07-2010, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt
is nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

Smug grin
Rained on and off all day yesterday, and again early this morning.
Water butt is full.
Grass is squishy.
The sky looks promising but no rain on the radar.
/Smug grin

It certainly makes a change for Suffolk to be getting extra rain.
We are normally the ones missing it because all of those to the west of us
have pinched it.

May it rain on your allotment.

Old 13-07-2010, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:19:13 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote
Hurled it down this morning after weeks of drought.
Now everything in the garden is suddenly looking perky and the water butt
is nearly full again.
Hopefully the allotment is no longer a dust bowl.

A few drops wide enough apart that you could dodge them, that's all we got.
Off down the allotment to water once more.

That's about all we've had here in Keynshaml. Not even enough to lay
the dust. I've done several rain dances but no luck. More promised
for the next few days and I hope they are right .

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-07-2010, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes
What rain?

Exactly! A mile away it was tipping down this afternoon and i also got
caught in a downpour on a 10 mile walk over in Wycombe but nothing in
Amersham hardly at all.