Old 31-07-2010, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strange effect

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-07-2010, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Spider wrote:

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

You got lucky is what happened. Did you do a rain dance, by any chance?

We have a pit barbeque party this afternoon - might that do it?

We've only got a measly drizzle ... either that or a squadron a
incontinent gnats is flying over.

I recognise the symptoms, but it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-07-2010, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Anthony Frost wrote:

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

And is grass supposed to be green?

Only in the rainy season :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 31-07-2010, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:42:53 +0100 (BST), wrote:

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?
More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

What else do you expect in the middle of summer ?
I hope you weren't expecting sunshine.

Old 31-07-2010, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

Lovely, isn't it :-}
Rained again here this afternoon as well.

--
Kathy
Just west of Felixstowe

Old 31-07-2010, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nick wrote

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

We had some first thing this morning, drizzle lasted no more than 30 mins,
ground under trees was still dry so it won't of done anything for our
potatoes, watered yesterday so will leave it today as it's not so hot and
also overcast.
Getting silly, I might even have to wash the car again, that always works.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 31-07-2010, 04:10 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?
.
You've been translocated unknowingly to Yorkshire
Old 31-07-2010, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message

The garden's all wet - can someone tell me what's happened?

More seriously, 9 mm - rather than a few microns.

It's not just lack of rian for me. When it does rain, the beds at the bottom
of the garden get no water at all, due to the dense overhanging canopy from
the trees in the park. The council "tree surgeons" cut the branches on their
side, but won't touch the ones on our side, because "they may fall into your
gardens". We've offered to accept that risk, but elf'n'safety means we're
not allowed to do so.

So anyway, even when it rains, in half my garden, and those of my
neighbours, it doesn't rain :'(

Ian

Old 01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2010-07-31 17:57:47 +0100,

Big lumpy black sky here at about 4pm - very threatening and we thought
thanks goodness, if only to clear the humidity. I felt one - count it,
ONE - drop of rain. Nothing has happened since.
-
We've had ample rain for the last three or four weeks, and are getting rather fed up of it. I'd like the grass to be dry enough to cut, and to be able to do some pruning without having water dripping down my next.

Postcode lottery, I call it ;-)