Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain

We have had the most rain of the summer in the last 24 hours. This is
the first useful rain we have had, as previous showers only laid the
dust. Local weatherman said it has been the wettest day of the year
so far. At last my rain dances have paid off and the hose and cans
can have a rest!

Pam in Bristol
Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
We have had the most rain of the summer in the last 24 hours. This is
the first useful rain we have had, as previous showers only laid the
dust. Local weatherman said it has been the wettest day of the year
so far. At last my rain dances have paid off and the hose and cans
can have a rest!

You can always come to Windsor and perform your rain dance, you would be
most welcome!

Alan

Pam in Bristol

Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

alan.holmes wrote:
We have had the most rain of the summer in the last 24 hours. This is
the first useful rain we have had, as previous showers only laid the
dust. Local weatherman said it has been the wettest day of the year
so far. At last my rain dances have paid off and the hose and cans
can have a rest!

You can always come to Windsor and perform your rain dance, you would be
most welcome!

Did you not have rain yesterday, Alan?
I thought the whole of the south got a good soaking!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:
We have had the most rain of the summer in the last 24 hours. This is
the first useful rain we have had, as previous showers only laid the
dust. Local weatherman said it has been the wettest day of the year
so far. At last my rain dances have paid off and the hose and cans
can have a rest!

You can always come to Windsor and perform your rain dance, you would be
most welcome!

Did you not have rain yesterday, Alan?
I thought the whole of the south got a good soaking!

Not a great deal, we did have a little, but not enough!(:-(

Alan

Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

alan.holmes wrote:
Did you not have rain yesterday, Alan?
I thought the whole of the south got a good soaking!

Not a great deal, we did have a little, but not enough!(:-(

I only had time to find waterproofs for Daniel before we had to leave or
miss our train yesterday, so I walked to the station in canvas shoes with
holes in the bottom, and a spare pair of socks in my bag. At lunch time my
spare socks got soaked and I had to put the original soggy-but-a-bit-dry
socks back on to go home. Where we got soaked again.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
We have had the most rain of the summer in the last 24 hours. This is
the first useful rain we have had, as previous showers only laid the
dust. Local weatherman said it has been the wettest day of the year
so far. At last my rain dances have paid off and the hose and cans
can have a rest!

Pam in Bristol
Another lot of rain today. Waiting for the sun to return.
Old 13-08-2010, 06:18 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenR View Post
Another lot of rain today. Waiting for the sun to return.
In Yorkshire we've had an average of 35mm for the last month.

It's the fourth year running of really rubbish summers.