Old 29-09-2010, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Climbing Strawberries

You may have seen T & M advertising Strawberries that they claim to
be climbing, but to climb you have to tie the runners to some
support,
Well, I contacted them about it reminding them of the successfull
prosecution of "Kent Country Nurseries" many years ago under the
trades descriptions act for advertising "Climbing Strawberries"
It was ruled that if they had to be tied in then they were not
climbing.
This is the reply I had

"Thank you for your recent email.

We appreciate your comments, we clearly state in the catalogue the
plants need to be trained up supports and in the growing instructions
supplied with product that the plants need support and tying in.
However, the natural growing habit of this variety is climbing.

If there is anything further I can do to be of assistance, please get
in touch. I'll be happy to help.

With best regards,

Abby Mills
Customer Service Team"

So according to T & M any plant that hangs down can be clasified as
Climbing.

Interesting.

Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 05:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 08:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 12:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 02:33 PM
Strawberries? Dwayne United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 02:27 PM