Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Fast growing climbers

The message
from Hussein M. contains these words:

On Sat, 03 May 2003 18:02:21 +0100, Derek Turner
wrote:

we have thought about ivy, but are there any other suggestions, I'd like
some colour there.

as no-one else has suggested it, and it is a favourite of mine,
lupulus humulus 'Aureus'

A good suggestion I think. Family Cannabidaceae has provided two
very fine plants!

The other day (yesterday in fact), I recommended one as good
camouflage for the other in a guerilla grow.

Cannabis plants look nothing remotely like humulus lupulus aureus,
and you can't spell guerrilla. Your recall must be diminishing, or maybe
your bandanna fell down over your eyes.

Janet.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Hussein M.

wrote:

we have thought about ivy, but are there any other suggestions, I'd like
some colour there.

as no-one else has suggested it, and it is a favourite of mine,
lupulus humulus 'Aureus'

A good suggestion I think. Family Cannabidaceae has provided two
very fine plants!

The other day (yesterday in fact), I recommended one as good
camouflage for the other in a guerilla grow.

Cannabis plants look nothing remotely like humulus lupulus aureus,

No, I know that. He know nothing about gardening and was intrigued
by the fact that hops went into beer (an intoxicant) and the other
went into one too. Also intrigue with the fact that a limited search
on the family produces only the two plants.

In any case, for something to camouflage, it doesn't necessarily
have to look exactly like the thing it is hiding. Don't you think?

"Cor look! That plant looks just like weed!"

and you can't spell guerrilla.

I generally rely (lazy sod that I am) on my spell check for things
like that. Problem is, I have got rather ready with the "Add to
dictionary button" because it is Eudora's American delight with the
"z"s and "s" s.

Your recall must be diminishing, or maybe
your bandanna fell down over your eyes.

Janet.

Harder! Harder! I love it!
Did I hear the trumpets of Valhalla? (spelt that wroong too prob)

Huss
good humoured

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Jim W

Scott Mills wrote:

Thanks everybody for all your help.

The spot is in full shade - we have put in one clematis and are going to
look into Ivy and honeysuckle.

Cheers
Scott

I can again recommend the Nat collection for ivies.. I just got quite a
few different ones from them. a huge selection and much more interesting
than the usual ones you see in the garden centres and nurseries. I never
knew ivy could be such fun..

Jim

(Certified Plantaholic ---- Time for my medication;-))