Old 26-11-2010, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT OT! Sacha's letter in Daily Mail

In article , Sacha
writes
Now the speculation is what Dukedom they're given, if any.

Countess Tower Hamlets

Duchess Bluewater

Earl and Countess of Basildon
or given that he should be Prince Of Wales if his father isn't (IYSWIM)
what about Countess of Cardiff or Gwent

(Just a few come to mind!)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 26-11-2010, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , FarmI
writes

My only claim to fame with Royals is that my bottom and the Queen's bottom
have both been in the same seat.

I hope she'd flushed it, or does she have someone to do that for her?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 26-11-2010, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Janet writes
In article , ask@itshall
says...

My only claim to fame with Royals is that my bottom and the Queen's

bottom
have both been in the same seat.

You call that famous? Prince Charles and I have shared a bath

Janet

Cute little dogs aren't they?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 26-11-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , alan.holmes
writes

The only reason I buy the DM is for the codeword puzzle!

Alan

I refuse even to do that!
Can you get at it online? I downloaded a lot of Times codeword
puzzles, I also get the MEN for that reason, although a local paper is
of more general interest. If I finish that too quickly I have a go at
the cryptic one.

How far can we get off-topic before someone protests?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 26-11-2010, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , alan.holmes
writes

The only reason I buy the DM is for the codeword puzzle!

Alan

I refuse even to do that!
Can you get at it online? I downloaded a lot of Times codeword
puzzles, I also get the MEN for that reason, although a local paper is of
more general interest. If I finish that too quickly I have a go at the
cryptic one.

How far can we get off-topic before someone protests?

Twice as far - according to the header (:-(
Pete

Old 26-11-2010, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:01:55 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
Now the speculation is what Dukedom they're given, if any.

Countess Tower Hamlets

Countess Bloody Tower Hamlets?

Oh now i like your style !

Old 26-11-2010, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
[...]

Queen Victoria said that all male heirs to the throne (first in line,
that is) should have Albert incorporated into their names. But that
pattern was broken with William's names. Now the speculation is what
Dukedom they're given, if any. If they aren't, she'll be Princess
William and that might certainly take some getting used to!

I don't think the family can have taken the Old Queen's views all that
seriously, as KG VI, a younger brother, was an Albert; and Prince
Charles isn't an Albert at all.

Princess William might have been all right if one hadn't already had a
surfeit of Princess Michael. I suggest, tentatively, either Duke of
Hazzard or Duke of Ellington.

--
Mike.

Old 26-11-2010, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-11-26 20:00:22 +0000, "Mike Lyle"

Queen Victoria said that all male heirs to the throne (first in line,
that is) should have Albert incorporated into their names. But that
pattern was broken with William's names. Now the speculation is what
Dukedom they're given, if any. If they aren't, she'll be Princess
William and that might certainly take some getting used to!

I don't think the family can have taken the Old Queen's views all that
seriously, as KG VI, a younger brother, was an Albert; and Prince
Charles isn't an Albert at all.

Princess William might have been all right if one hadn't already had a
surfeit of Princess Michael. I suggest, tentatively, either Duke of
Hazzard or Duke of Ellington.

I have a nasty feeling you may be a little bit off the mark there. ;-))

Now, now, let's not put our dukes up, here!

The Cambridge Evening News has attempted to start a rumour about
the Duke of Grantabrigge, or some such.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-12-2010, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha's letter in Daily Mail

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

I can't agree with you more, the whole thing is becoming a farce!

Alan

Some people think that the the Constitution regarding the Monarchy operates
in the same way as X-Factor and the public vote is the deciding factor.

mark

Old 13-12-2010, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-12-13 12:29:50 +0000, "mark" said:

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

I can't agree with you more, the whole thing is becoming a farce!

Alan

Some people think that the the Constitution regarding the Monarchy
operates
in the same way as X-Factor and the public vote is the deciding factor.

mark

Time to teach history in schools again but with the overall set up of
what makes Britain tick at the core.

Maggots