Old 24-12-2010, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seasons greetings from a snowed in gardener from NE Devon!

My poor garden looks like it's covered in Christmas cake icing - so
pretty but I doubt my October planted red onions will survive it but the
leeks seem to be OK although the ground is too hard to dig them up !

Our Christmas plans have done a 180 degrees turn about! We were going
to our son in West Sussex along with our DIL's parents but since then
DIL's father has taken been taken ill and cannot travel. So our son and
family are coming here instead and suddenly I have it all to do! but I
don't mind. I may be getting rather long in the tooth but there's still
life in the old dog yet.

My Tony isn't too well tho - has a very bad chesty cough, so bad that
the doc has put him on steroids (6 a day), antibiotics, and also an
inhaler! All this on top of his kidney problems, he's also anaemic and
needing intravenous iron injections, so just as well we aren't
travelling anywhere in this cold weather. But, whatever, we're planning
to go all out and enjoy being with our family and to enjoy this Christmas.

Looking forward to the New Year and what it may bring, and Wishing you
all a Happy and Healthy Christmas.

--
Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be,
since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
Old 25-12-2010, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

AriesVal wrote in
o.uk:

!

[...]

Hope you both perk up soon. Don't forget that this is a very servere winter
and it is hard even for the fittest of us so don't fret too much.
Half the people I know have a cough recently, must be something going
around, Tony seems to have it worse than most from what you say.
Keep warm and ride it out. Lets hope for an early spring.

BTW my leeks are a soggy mess from what I can see under semi-melted snow
and a layer of ice. As for onions we never even had the chance to set them.

Baz

Seasons greetings....... Pete C[_2_] United Kingdom 1 17-12-2012 02:24 PM
Multi-Lingual Seasons Greetings Jake United Kingdom 8 23-12-2011 05:53 PM
Seasons Greetings! (Humor) Omelet Edible Gardening 7 31-12-2007 10:52 AM
Seasons Greetings wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 23-12-2006 09:33 PM
[IBC] Seasons Greetings Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 25-12-2003 05:32 PM