Old 22-12-2011, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Multi-Lingual Seasons Greetings

To all my Welsh friends, Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. (Roger,
you just need to repeat that an octave higher than the other Welsh
people because of your additional height).

If I've got it right, to Janet and others North of the Border, Nollaig
Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur.

To Judith and Emery in France, Joyeux Noël (don't know what the rest
is as I gave French up when I was 12 to study Latin - I fancied the
Latin teacher more than the French one though my emerging hormones
were subsequently thwarted!)

To any Jedi Knights, A merry Christmas and a happy New Year I hope the
Force will bring you.

To Sacha, may the surprise present from Ray of the complete works of
Gilbert and Sullivan lead to yet more original subject lines when you
next discover a flower out of season in the garden (remember Bill in
the middle of the Bay needs the challenge).

To Baz, may those three tons of horse manure that are piled on your
drive smell sweetly as you spread them on your potato patch and I hope
2012 is less troublesome for you than 2011 has been.

And to all, a very merry Christmas and I hope that 2012 brings for you
everything that you would wish for (except for the lottery win as I
want that and may even buy the odd ticket in hope).

My New Year's resolution last December/January was never to make any
New Year's resolutions again and I intend to stick to that, having
failed last time because I made a resolution (never to make any
resolutions again).

Iechyd da i bawb.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dry end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
And to all, a very merry Christmas and I hope that 2012 brings for you
everything that you would wish for (except for the lottery win as I
want that and may even buy the odd ticket in hope).

That's ok, there are 25 millionaires to be made from Euromillions, so we
could cover quite a few of the ng that way ...
Old 23-12-2011, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
[...]

Diolch yn fawr a Blwyddyn Newydd llwyddianus i chi Jake

Bill

Old 23-12-2011, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I made that one in 1968, and so far I'm doing OK.

Happy Christmas everybody.
Steve

Old 23-12-2011, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/23/2011 12:12 AM, Jake wrote:
[...]

Meilleurs voeux a chacun et chacune!

Or perhaps as Jake would prefer.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menal aglar elenath!

eck enough of this foreign jabber. Happy hols to all urglers.

-E

P.S. you forgot Kwanzaa, man!

P.P.S. I'm with you, gave up the resolutions years ago.

Old 23-12-2011, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:vuc7f7tck5vvp2ie6pj5dhal96qb68p8qb@
4ax.com:

Jake,
Diolch am eich gorau amlieithog yn dymuno i ni i gyd.

Yr wyf yn falch bod yn hytrach yn arbennig eich bod wedi rhoi i mi slot.

Dim ond eisiau dweud bod y tunnell o dail wedi cael eu lledaenu yn ôl
oedran, ac yn awr, oherwydd edefyn diweddar i'n ceisio cael rhywfaint o
gardbord oddi tano mewn rhai mannau i arbrofi ychydig. Gwaith caled ers i
mi i gael gwared ar yna lle'r tail. Ond mae'n gwneud synnwyr os bydd yr
holl waith. Rwyf wedi 3 wythnos i ffwrdd o'r gwaith yn awr i wneud y
gwaith. Ond dyfalu beth? Mae'n arllwys y glaw heddiw, ar y diwrnod cyntaf!
Grr.

Yn union fel yr uchod, mae ein diogelwch cartref newydd wedi cael ei
huwchraddio, ond mae wedi costio miloedd literaly.

Dymuniadau gorau i chi,
Baz

Hope this translates well
Old 23-12-2011, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:17:43 GMT, Baz wrote:

[...]

Llongyfarchion, Baz. This may well qualify you for honorary membership
of the Swansea Bay club!

I'll save you the effort of translating back though it's always a
compliment when someone takes the trouble to write in the language of
Heaven.

I must read things more carefully - I didn't realise you'd already
spread those sweet tons of manure and were now going to remove them to
lay cardboard underneath. It's sods law that as soon as you have the
time off work (3 weeks, you lucky thing, I have a total of 3 days!)
it'll rain. I've lost the plot - checking the weather forecast I
decided that Sunday would be the best day of the weekend to get out
and dig. I suppose an hour or two in the afternoon would work off the
calories and minimise the aftermath of the sprouts and cabbage but
I'll probably just relax.

I hope the security upgrades will deliver the security, both real and
felt, that you all want.

So have a good Christmas and may 2012 deliver a healthy spud crop.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is when it stops raining!
Old 23-12-2011, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

I felt that as you have gone to the trouble to give us all a messege, it is
polite and right to give the same in a language.

Baz

Seasons greetings....... Pete C[_2_] United Kingdom 1 17-12-2012 02:24 PM
Seasons greetings from a snowed in gardener from NE Devon! AriesVal[_9_] United Kingdom 2 25-12-2010 02:21 PM
Seasons Greetings! (Humor) Omelet Edible Gardening 7 31-12-2007 10:52 AM
Seasons Greetings wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 23-12-2006 09:33 PM
[IBC] Seasons Greetings Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 25-12-2003 05:32 PM