Old 06-01-2011, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Identity of Spanish Plant, please?

On Jan 6, 7:35*pm, "Joan Edington"
wrote:
Do you mean that the Hillhouse Nursery has these plants? If so, what name
would they be under, in case I wanted to try my best with one.

Hopefully, Joan

On 2011-01-05 19:27:56 +0000, "Charlie Pridham"

On 2011-01-04 12:51:07 +0000, "Joan Edington"
said:

Thanks Sacha, the pod certainly looks the same but the leaves are
rather
different. Since it was growing wild I don't think I'll try the recipe,
though!!
snip

You might try asking on a food/cooking group, perhaps. *There is a uk
one but it might not help any more than urg can. *If there's a group
that discusses Spanish cooking, you might get some help there.
--
Sacha

Its not edible, its Aruajia sericefera one of the climbing milkweeds, I
am sure Ray has it somewhere!
Most of us that grow it remove the pods or it seeds everywhere

We do have it and I didn't recognise the photo at all, have never even
thouht of eating it and hadn't heard of that name for it! *It's in the big
double, I think. *It's the one that catches moths by their tongues and
then lets them go a few hours later. *It's a really beautiful thing, imo.
If he has a spare, do you want it or do you have it already?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I'm sure that the original posting was about the christophine, a
member of the marrow family, if left it will startr to throw shoots
and roots from the top of the fruit,
I've grown it but never managed to get it to fruit.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JTM JTM is offline

Default Identity of Spanish Plant, please? (apology)

In article ,
Mike Lyle and others wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:02:55 -0000, "Joan Edington"
wrote:

Hello to all and apologies for for offence given by my ill
thought out reply last week. (I think Joan was the O.P.)

Embarrased and what can I say? Recovering from one of the
bugs going round and having to do my tax return during the
few hours each day when I managed to get out of bed. Not a
good New Year, but still no excuse for the news posting.

Much better now though despite being travelling for 26 hrs.

John

--
John Mulrooney

If you're born again, do you have two bellybuttons?

Plant identity please Jim Stone United Kingdom 1 15-06-2013 12:46 PM
Identity please robert United Kingdom 11 14-04-2009 01:56 PM
Plant identity please Broadback United Kingdom 2 11-12-2006 04:34 PM
Tree Leaf Identity please? Todd Plant Science 1 02-07-2006 04:46 PM
Identity of flower please o1o1o1o1 Lawns 2 12-08-2004 02:12 AM