Old 09-08-2004, 05:42 AM
o1o1o1o1

Default Identity of flower please

Hi, occasional lurker here with something we need help identifying.

We have this really lovely flowering vine that neither one of us can
identify- I posted a picture he

http://home.pacbell.net/o1o1o1o1/images/dsc_0002-33.jpg
Apologies about the clarity of the photo, I just don't have a macro lens,
and this is as good as I could get it.

It is about three inches across the tips of the petals. Previously I had
clipped the vine and replanted it about six months back, and it's been
growing like crazy ever since- it's clinging to the rose bush and rose bush
trellis like it owns it (nature never ceases to amaze me- the little 'arms'
the hug its' companion are remarkable).

Noticed it opens and closes erratically- and only one bud at a time (there
are several buds on the vine). My wife tends the garden and notices that if
she touches the bud it closes and doesn't reopen for sometime.

Does anyone recognize it? Or perhaps give us clue as to where to find it?

We live in Southern California.

TIA,

--
Michael

Old 11-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Dick Wiegand

o1o1o1o1 wrote:

[...]

It's a passionflower -- google for passion+flower+jpg

Old 12-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Raymond

"o1o1o1o1" wrote in message ...
Hi, occasional lurker here with something we need help identifying.

We have this really lovely flowering vine that neither one of us can
identify- I posted a picture he

http://home.pacbell.net/o1o1o1o1/images/dsc_0002-33.jpg

Looks like a passion vine...

I know what it's name is - was Please help, flower identity DiMa United Kingdom 0 13-01-2011 04:59 AM
Help to identity a flower? Lickity Splickets Gardening 3 19-02-2005 08:04 AM
Anyone know flower identity? AD Roses 2 15-03-2004 11:18 AM
intro & identity of flower question Lynda Gardening 1 07-07-2003 02:56 PM