Old 16-01-2011, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rewards/Discounts on your plant purchases

If you've got a Nectar card and have no other discount route through
to the suppliers listed below, it might be worth getting at them via
Necar e-Stores so at least you get Nectar points on your purchases.

Gardening Direct
Jersey Plants
Thompson and Morgan
Crocus

FWIW, when I last checked, the links thru from Gardeners' World were
to a limited selection of what was on offer!

At this time of the year, when we're all ordering stuff like mad, if
anyone else has suggestions for either saving money or getting
discounts or "points" on reward cards, maybe you' like to add to this
thread.

Jake
Old 16-01-2011, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 16, 4:36*pm, Jake wrote:
If you've got a Nectar card and have no other discount route through
to the suppliers listed below, it might be worth getting at them via
Necar e-Stores so at least you get Nectar points on your purchases.

Gardening Direct
Jersey Plants
Thompson and Morgan
Crocus

If you were going to use those suppliers anyway, fair enough. Neat
trick. But I reckon seeing the plant before you buy it outweighs a
fractional amount of deferred discount.
Old 17-01-2011, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:40:31 -0800 (PST), bobharvey
wrote:

On Jan 16, 4:36*pm, Jake wrote:
If you've got a Nectar card and have no other discount route through
to the suppliers listed below, it might be worth getting at them via
Necar e-Stores so at least you get Nectar points on your purchases.

Gardening Direct
Jersey Plants
Thompson and Morgan
Crocus

If you were going to use those suppliers anyway, fair enough. Neat
trick. But I reckon seeing the plant before you buy it outweighs a
fractional amount of deferred discount.

Hi Bob

With the exception of Crocus, the others all sell (AFAIK) mainly plug
plants or seeds. T&M can be got at via a Gardeners' World Mag link
but when I tried it the result was a limited range whereas Nectar
seems to get at the full T&M site.

I know I'm not the only one on this group that grows from plugs so I
thought the info would be useful.

As to Crocus, I've bought from them for years and have never been
disappointed. And you can get plants that are "out of season". Going
to the local garden centre and being able to get touchy feely with a
plant that's probably been forced to flower when it's on display
doesn't mean that you get a quality plant; in my experience it's quite
the reverse. I do spend some time going around nurseries to get what I
want but not everyone has a nursery nearby or can afford that time.

Incidentally, those who think (like me) that buying plants via QVC can
result in better quality than direct from T&M may want to know that
the QVC website is now also accessible via Nectar e-stores.

I'm not a "purist", more a "practicalist".

Cheers

Jake

Sell Discounts New Air Force one Puma Convers Shox shoes www.24hoursneakers.com Ponds 0 12-06-2008 07:37 PM
cheap Discounts New Air max87 90 95 97 sneakers ecpopzone Bonsai 0 10-06-2008 06:24 PM
Gardening rewards! RR Edible Gardening 4 13-08-2005 02:50 AM
Sources for on-line purchases of accents Jr Lawns 1 25-07-2004 01:04 PM