Old 17-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered User

Smile conservatory

can anyone suggest a scented trailing plant for my heated conservatory...many thanks
Old 17-01-2011, 09:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksred View Post
can anyone suggest a scented trailing plant for my heated conservatory...many thanks
How big do you want the plant?

The indoor jasmine that is widely on sale is hard to beat. Especially if the conservatory is not heated to the same level as the house - the flowers last longer.

Once the main flush is over, you get odd sprays of flowers coming out later in the year, and it only takes a few to scent the whole conservatory.
__________________
Old 18-01-2011, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default conservatory

On 2011-01-17 19:01:52 +0000, kirksred
said:

can anyone suggest a scented trailing plant for my heated
conservatory...many thanks

Holboellia, Mandevilla laxa, Passiflora caponii, Araujia sericifera
(more of a twining woody vine) and not climbing but highly scented,
Cestrum nocturnum.

That's interesting, where would one get seeds for some or all of these
plants?
Don
Old 18-01-2011, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donwill" wrote

Try on http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/

--
Regards