Old 26-01-2011, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

wrote in
:

'Mike' wrote:
I love it when the press or the like come out with ""And 35% are
against .................""

and what does that leave? 65% in favour, but that is bad for the
press!!!!

I like* things like '75% fat free' ... meaning 25% fat? Eyww.

To digress, in California you can get egg-free omlettes and
fat-free sour cream. I have a container of the latter, but
couldn't figure out how to preserve and transport the former.
Old 27-01-2011, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Tom wrote:
I like* things like '75% fat free' ... meaning 25% fat? Eyww.

To digress, in California you can get egg-free omlettes and
fat-free sour cream. I have a container of the latter, but
couldn't figure out how to preserve and transport the former.

fat free sour cream I could possibly comprehend, but ... /egg/ free
omlettes?? My ghast is flabbered.
Old 27-01-2011, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

wrote in
:

Tom wrote:
I like* things like '75% fat free' ... meaning 25% fat? Eyww.

To digress, in California you can get egg-free omlettes and
fat-free sour cream. I have a container of the latter, but
couldn't figure out how to preserve and transport the former.

fat free sour cream I could possibly comprehend, but ... /egg/ free
omlettes?? My ghast is flabbered.

So was mine, to the extent that I almost ordered some
just to see what they were like. But I didn't, since
the eggs benedict were so nice
Old 28-01-2011, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Tom wrote:
fat free sour cream I could possibly comprehend, but ... /egg/ free
omlettes?? My ghast is flabbered.

So was mine, to the extent that I almost ordered some
just to see what they were like. But I didn't, since
the eggs benedict were so nice

To be fair, I've had vegan 'scrambled egg' before, which I hated - not
beause of the texture, but because they piled tumeric into it. Noidea why,
it's not as if you tumericise your scrambled egg normally! (do you?)
Old 30-01-2011, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

wrote in
:

Tom wrote:
fat free sour cream I could possibly comprehend, but ... /egg/ free
omlettes?? My ghast is flabbered.

So was mine, to the extent that I almost ordered some
just to see what they were like. But I didn't, since
the eggs benedict were so nice

To be fair, I've had vegan 'scrambled egg' before, which I hated - not
beause of the texture, but because they piled tumeric into it. Noidea
why, it's not as if you tumericise your scrambled egg normally! (do
you?)

Probably the same reason that Quorn is processed to have
the texture (but not flavour) of soft chicken breast.

Personally I prefer "honest" ingredients, not "faux" ingredients.

Old 30-01-2011, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 3,
Tom wrote:
wrote in
:

To be fair, I've had vegan 'scrambled egg' before, which I hated - not
beause of the texture, but because they piled tumeric into it. Noidea
why, it's not as if you tumericise your scrambled egg normally! (do
you?)

Probably the same reason that Quorn is processed to have
the texture (but not flavour) of soft chicken breast.

I regard that sort of supermarket chicken as loathesome in itself.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-01-2011, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin wrote:
To digress, in California you can get egg-free omlettes and
fat-free sour cream. I have a container of the latter, but
couldn't figure out how to preserve and transport the former.

Don't forget non-dairy product cheese on pizzas.

I have non-dairy cheese in the cupboard, and I have bought it in the past
during Lent. I have no problem with the idea of cheeseless cheese. It has
a different texture to 'real' cheese, but the flavour is provided by yeast
extract, iirc.
But a key point of omlettes is that eggy texture. Tofu has a 'fried egg
white' kind of texture. But it's not the same as omlette texture.

Hmm, perhaps we should move this over to a food ng instead.