Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default OT Farting

I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:54:46 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban

Heh! But didn't the dear old Times of Malta seize the opportunity to
use the word "fart" as often as it possibly could? Not a euphemism in
sight! I rather suspect the paper may have felt it had years of
official prudery to make up for...

--
Mike.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban

Heh! But didn't the dear old Times of Malta seize the opportunity to
use the word "fart" as often as it possibly could? Not a euphemism in
sight! I rather suspect the paper may have felt it had years of
official prudery to make up for...

This is old news, however, the newspaper might concievably of use if
the alleged farter followed through...

Disregards
Jenks
Old 04-02-2011, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban

I'm interested how they will prove it well enough to hold up in court.
Every accused person will deny it and unless there are cameras and
smellometers following everyone who might pass wind in a public place I
suspect it is a law doomed to failure..

Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 4, 8:54*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full storyhttp://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110204/world-news/malawi-...

They must have a New labour Gov.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban

It's nice to think someone is cosidering the Ozone layer :-)

I suppose choirs of formation farters are also banned.

Bill

Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:38:16 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP

Malawian lawmakers will next week debate a law change to criminalise
public farting, which a cabinet minister said had been encouraged by
democracy.

The full story
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ic-farting-ban

It's nice to think someone is cosidering the Ozone layer :-)

I suppose choirs of formation farters are also banned.

I feel a spoof Daily Mail piece coming on:

British artichokes put the wind up Brussels!

Eurocrats ban popular veg! Political Correctness goes mad as unelected
£50,000,000-a-year EU Commissioner Dyk van Dyjk orders bulldozing of
Britain's proud Jerusalem artichoke orchards. Said Dyk VD, as he
signed the Commisssion Directive estimated to cost the British
taxpayer up to £37,000,000,000, "The name is anti-Semitic, and the
digestive effects on the planet's upper atmosphere are far worse than
those caused by our own sprouts of Brussels." Van Dyjk, 59, is
believed to be living with a Romanian gipsy. (Good, but you haven't
mention Abu Hamza's hook yet: get on with it--Ed.)

--
Mike.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
I wonder if I have overslept and it is 1st April?
This is from the malta Times today.

Friday, 4th February 2011 - 19:11CET
Malawi to debate public farting ban
AFP
Also on reliable news sites like the BBC, who say it is to do with an unusual interpretation of a ban on air pollution. BBC News - Malawi row over whether new law bans farting My take on it is that an authoritarian politician is looking for easy ways to bully people.