Old 24-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered User

Hi, Swanlake, We usually chit ours in the kitchen, on the windowsill, I place each one in an egg box.
You are so right Ladywillow, the pink firs are delicious!!
Rozie, I have never thought of freezing them whole and cooking them like that! Will definitely try it this year.

Last year we bought some "Charlotte's" and much to our surprise they were ready in only 10 weeks. We were waiting for them to flower and die off but they never. When the plants started to die off we thought we'd dig them up to see what they were like and much to our surprise they were ready :shock:

ASDA, Wal-Mart in America are selling Charlotte's for £1 a bag so we have bought some with a view to letting them sprout. To Chit them we have placed them in a warm sunny spot in egg boxes. We are hoping that if this works we can just keep growing our own from this one bag,year after year hopefully.

Chitting The Reid United Kingdom 3 09-04-2003 10:08 AM
Chitting potatotes - a problem? Glenda Young United Kingdom 3 22-03-2003 07:32 PM
spud chitting Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 1 24-02-2003 07:00 PM
spud chitting Anne Middleton/Harold Walker Gardening 1 24-02-2003 09:15 AM
Potato chitting H United Kingdom 3 11-02-2003 09:02 AM