Old 20-03-2011, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default First aphids of the season.

On the climbing roses. A few big green-fly.
I picked them off; I don't use sprays.
One of the twigs had some bird shit on it, so perhaps there had been
more aphids, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Old 20-03-2011, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:12:38 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

On the climbing roses. A few big green-fly.
I picked them off; I don't use sprays.
One of the twigs had some bird shit on it, so perhaps there had been
more aphids, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

No pesky bugs here yet though slugs and snails have been out for a
while. This morning I found some crunched up snail shells in the
rockery so I think the thrushes have been busy. Also found my first
bits of hedgehog poop in the lawn today, following the same pattern as
last year (the hogs follow an established route around the garden) so
I'll start putting their scrambled egg out tonight - they seem to like
that - and it's a good use for out of date eggs which a local shop
lets me have.

First little daffs of the season - first.jpg Ann Garden Photos 1 03-04-2008 02:27 AM
First frog of the season Bonnie Ponds 14 30-03-2004 11:36 PM
First Tomato 'O The Season Contest Rules? Fleemo Gardening 5 18-03-2003 06:56 PM
First Tomato 'O The Season Contest Rules? Fleemo Gardening 0 17-03-2003 10:42 PM
[IBC] first collected tree of the season Craig Cowing Bonsai 2 16-03-2003 09:56 PM