Old 26-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Bonnie

Default First frog of the season

I was sitting by the pond and heard a frog, had to go in
search. I found him in the cattails. I guess Spring has
sprung in NJ.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Bonnie" wrote in message
I was sitting by the pond and heard a frog, had to go in
search. I found him in the cattails. I guess Spring has
sprung in NJ.

snip

OK, I have to brag, but only because I have to look out for the
Shareholders. We have spotted as many as 6 frogs at one time already this
season! We've seen 5 very dark green Green frogs, 1 light green Bull or
Green frog, and 1 Leopard frog.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa!

BV.

Old 27-03-2004, 02:04 AM
Bonnie

Benign Vanilla wrote:
"Bonnie" wrote in message

I was sitting by the pond and heard a frog, had to go in
search. I found him in the cattails. I guess Spring has
sprung in NJ.

snip

OK, I have to brag, but only because I have to look out for the
Shareholders. We have spotted as many as 6 frogs at one time already this
season! We've seen 5 very dark green Green frogs, 1 light green Bull or
Green frog, and 1 Leopard frog.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa!

BV.

Okay BV but remember you're further South than me. We still
had ice on the pond earlier this week.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Nedra

Gosh Bonnie ... that is really a downer. I hope you've seen
the last of the ice. The little frog was your spring wake-up
call - -

I have two very dark brown small frogs that were
wintering in the veggie filter. Haven't heard them sing at all.

Nedra

Old 27-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Bonnie

Nedra wrote:
Gosh Bonnie ... that is really a downer. I hope you've seen
the last of the ice. The little frog was your spring wake-up
call - -

I have two very dark brown small frogs that were
wintering in the veggie filter. Haven't heard them sing at all.

Nedra

The koi are up and starting to beg for food. Since Ralph
is away the pumps aren't running. So no food yet. They
will have to make due with the algae on the sides of the pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-03-2004, 11:16 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I've had 2 croaking frogs since mid-March, (early for us) but it just
rained the other night and oh boy, when it rains do the frogs come out.
Sounds like the whole gang from last year is now in attendance, and they
sing till 5am! WONDERFUL!!! ~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

Old 28-03-2004, 12:05 AM

In , on 03/26/04
at 06:31 PM, "Benign Vanilla"
said:

OK, I have to brag, but only because I have to look out for the
Shareholders. We have spotted as many as 6 frogs at one time already this
season! We've seen 5 very dark green Green frogs, 1 light green Bull or
Green frog, and 1 Leopard frog.

You should have grandpoles soon.

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 28-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Robyn Rhudy

I've seen my male bullfrog in my big pond for a few weeks. Today, I saw a
young green frog. I fear I lost a lot of them again as no adults have
come up yet. I've pulled out two poor dead pickerel frogs the last few
months. But, as I write this, a wood frog is quacking in my buried tub
pond out back. I think there are two males and one female wood frog
visiting with the young green frog. Hopefully there will be eggs this
year again.

A fox killed my favorite hen and rooster I hatched myself Wednesday
morning.

On a plus side, see my new fishy store at
http://www.cafeshops.com/fishpondinfo

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
Old 30-03-2004, 11:35 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bonnie" wrote in message
snip
Okay BV but remember you're further South than me. We still
had ice on the pond earlier this week.

snip

True, true. But come on...this is my first spring...lemme gloat a little eh?
BTW, we're up to 12-14 frogs now. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa!!!

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com