Old 01-05-2003, 02:08 PM
GreedyMoose

Default Roses & Mildew - help needed

Can anyone offer some advice on cures to rose mildew?
For the last 2 years we have had problems with a climbing rose with
mildew. The rose is against a garage wall and gets sun from approx.
10am till sunset (when not raining of course!).

We have tried various off the counter mildew and fungicidal remedies,
but none appear to have any effect.

Looking around the net people have used baking soda/vinegar/oil
remedies in water, but has anyone had any success with these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

greedymoose.co.uk - Online Vouchers, Bargains & Coupons
betting.greedymoose.co.uk - Betting Offers
wine.greedymoose.co.uk - Wine Offers
banking.greedymoose.co.uk - Banking & Credit Card Offers
travel.greedymoose.co.uk - Travel & Holiday Offers
games.greedymoose.co.uk - Gaming Offers
Old 01-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Kay Easton

In article ,
GreedyMoose writes
Can anyone offer some advice on cures to rose mildew?
For the last 2 years we have had problems with a climbing rose with
mildew. The rose is against a garage wall and gets sun from approx.
10am till sunset (when not raining of course!).

You might do better trying to alleviate the conditions which cause
mildew. Mildew tends to occur when the plant is not getting enough
water, which is very likely for any plant close to a building wall. So
giving it a couple of gallons of water every few days might mean that
you get less mildew.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 01-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Little Badger

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article ,
GreedyMoose writes
Can anyone offer some advice on cures to rose mildew?
For the last 2 years we have had problems with a climbing rose with
mildew. The rose is against a garage wall and gets sun from approx.
10am till sunset (when not raining of course!).

You might do better trying to alleviate the conditions which cause
mildew. Mildew tends to occur when the plant is not getting enough
water, which is very likely for any plant close to a building wall. So
giving it a couple of gallons of water every few days might mean that
you get less mildew.
--
Kay Easton

Kay
You have just given me a reason why my roses, sometimes, get mildew! Thank
Luv!

Badger