Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Monty Don in Sorrento

"'Mike'" wrote in message news:...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 May 2011 22:54:14 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I enjoyed this program the most so far as I was in Sorrento last
September. The Astor garden, which he entered via the green automatic
gates, had blue ipomoea growing over the wall by those gates. I took
a photo of it. He was obviously there earlier in the year. Little
did I know what was behind that wall!

Pam in Bristol

Did you go on Sorrento Jet whilst you were there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWUAb6IrrE

Mike

Went to Capri but not on the Sorrento Jet!

Pam in Bristol

The company I worked for, FBM Marine Ship Builders at Cowes, had built
Capri Jet before I joined them. My wife was PA to the MD when it was
commissioned and she doesn't remember me fetching her and driving her home
;-) The wine flowed!!!!

I was their Marine Electrical Design Engineer later when FMB built
Sorrento Jet and I oversaw the building and attended trials. Her final
yard trial was a 2 hour run at full speed. Went round the Isle of Wight
with some time spare ;-)

FMB :-( ? FBM !

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Guided Garden Tour of Sorrento HolidayGardener Marketplace 0 01-10-2012 05:09 PM
Monty Don in Sorrento Pam Moore[_2_] United Kingdom 13 03-05-2011 09:57 AM
Monty Don Weedeater United Kingdom 12 09-09-2004 09:22 AM
Monty Don and his spade DLee United Kingdom 29 07-10-2003 04:32 PM
Monty Don JennyC United Kingdom 15 15-07-2003 02:44 PM