Old 02-05-2011, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A very nice but small lunch.

We had a few new potatoes(50p coin size) which have been growing under a
10' cloche/polytunnel, and some broad beans the size of a ladys little
finger nail, and bacon from a smallholder. Followed with a very nice
rhubarb crumble with home made custard.

I always like to have early veg on the table but today daughter came home
on the train (you can't move in London, in or out)for the first time in
ages. Her partner is posted abroad for a few months.

Better hide me slippers!

Baz
Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
We had a few new potatoes(50p coin size) which have been growing under a
10' cloche/polytunnel, and some broad beans the size of a ladys little
finger nail, and bacon from a smallholder. Followed with a very nice
rhubarb crumble with home made custard.

I always like to have early veg on the table but today daughter came home
on the train (you can't move in London, in or out)for the first time in
ages. Her partner is posted abroad for a few months.

Better hide me slippers!

Baz

Sounds good to me, Baz. I'd skipped lunch today.. Mouth watered when I
read your lunch.

I'm off to knock my food up now.
I'm sure you and daughter will have a nice time with plenty to talk
about.
Enjoy it all.

Margaret

Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"The Brownie" me@privacy net. wrote in
:

Sounds good to me, Baz. I'd skipped lunch today.. Mouth watered when
I read your lunch.

I'm off to knock my food up now.
I'm sure you and daughter will have a nice time with plenty to
talk
about.
Enjoy it all.

Margaret

Thankyou Margaret

I hope you too enjoyed your knocked up lunch.
As I predicted my slippers have been nicked, and my dressing gown, and my
evening of the snooker final.
I would not mind but we talk on the 'phone every day.
Only kidding, I enjoy it all really!

Baz
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Baz wrote:
We had a few new potatoes(50p coin size) which have been growing under a
10' cloche/polytunnel, and some broad beans the size of a ladys little
finger nail, and bacon from a smallholder. Followed with a very nice
rhubarb crumble with home made custard.

My broad beans are well behind, as I had to plant new ones after my
overwintered ones all flowered and die in November. :-(

I tried growing potatoes-for-Christmas in the greenhouse in the spent tomato
growbags, which didn't get anywhere, but finally one of them is now in
flower! Not sure whether to dig it up (I meant to keep them topped up with
soil, but going on holiday means they've all turned into huge green bushes
now!) or not yet. If they're technically coming out as 'new' potatoes,
can't they come up as soon as they flower?

MUFFLER,very,very,very LOUD [email protected] Lawns 7 21-09-2006 06:13 PM
my plants are lunch Betty Gardening 4 11-07-2003 03:56 PM
my plants are lunch Betty Roses 0 07-07-2003 02:45 AM
yellow labs = algae grazers = swords becoming lunch 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
yellow labs = algae grazers = swords becoming lunch 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 09-04-2003 05:56 PM