Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Things I have learned about gardening.

Whilst spending most of the weekend tidying up the garden I mused over the
many things I have learned during the seven years we have owned this place.

Weeds are easier to pull up if left to grow a bit.

A hoe merely spreads the little ones around.

Ground elder should be accepted in some areas as effective ground cover.

Weed killer doesn't.

It never rains within 3 days of spreading lawn weed and feed.

Its easy to take cuttings from shrubs I don't need more of.

Don't plant daffodils in the grass as they are a pain to mow around.

Frost only kills the most expensive plants.

Its not possible to dig out all of a dandelion root.

Yew berries are a PITA.

A big bonfire site is essential.

Mike