Old 12-01-2007, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:39:46 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan
wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

You mean like cat poop?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

You mean like cat poop?

Only if its fossilized smilodon poop!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:39:46 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

We found a gas cooker complete with oven trays and something very old and
icky inside, buried about a foot down on it's side at the bottom of our
garden when we decided to clear it for a veg patch!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Jimmy Hoffa.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob

Old 12-01-2007, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Indian arrowhead. Old bottles frm 1800s. Old rusty pipe joint.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Marbles, lots of them, antiques. The house I bought was in one family
for 40+ years. They raised four boys here. When I began renovating
the house I found tons of marbles in the walls and began collecting
them.

Then when I started my garden, more marbles. For years I would find
them whereever I dug. I think that I must have found most of them by
now as I don't run into them very often anymore.

Based on eBay prices I expect that I have 1
$1,000+ in marbles now.

John
Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Jimmy Hoffa

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Jimmy Hoffa.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob

Hang on - I thought *I* had Hoffa! Did youse find a large, tasteless gold
chain around his neck?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/11/07 9:39 PM, in article ,
"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Horseshoes, cow bell.....

Old 12-01-2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2007-01-11 21:39:46 -0500, Carl 1 Lucky Texan said:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Mainly I discover little toys and playthings my son Tristan tucked in
everywhere, especially during his days of playing with those little
green plastic soldiers. I get a really wistful feeling these days when
I come upon one of his secret forts secreted under a hedge somewhere.

Then there's the occasional long-lost garden implement. I'm still
holding out hope of rediscovering an old Bulldog trowel that I've never
quite found a satisfying replacement for.

--

Wundern kann es mich night, das unser Herr Christus mit Dernen
Gern und mit Sündern gelebt, geht's mir doch eben auch so.

I can't be surprised that our Lord, Jesus Christ, liked to hang out
With sinners and harlots.* That's how it is with me, too.
* -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Old 12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered User

Smile

kaspian On 2007-01-11 21:39:46 -0500, Carl 1 Lucky Texan said:

Somewhat off topic I know, still????

Mainly I discover little toys and playthings my son Tristan tucked in
everywhere, especially during his days of playing with those little
green plastic soldiers. I get a really wistful feeling these days when
I come upon one of his secret forts secreted under a hedge somewhere.

Then there's the occasional long-lost garden implement. I'm still
holding out hope of rediscovering an old Bulldog trowel that I've never
quite found a satisfying replacement for.

--

Wundern kann es mich night, das unser Herr Christus mit Dernen
Gern und mit Sündern gelebt, geht's mir doch eben auch so.

I can't be surprised that our Lord, Jesus Christ, liked to hang out
With sinners and harlots.* That's how it is with me, too.
* -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

havent got my garden boxes done as of yet but where i did the flower beds
we did find tons of beer bottle caps, shards of broken glass like u wouldnt believe,
all kinds brick pieces, a few door knobs, old electric wire, heavy metal staples,
an old outdoor water tap and a lot of other things. guess they didnt know how to
get rid of the junk when they built the house so just buried the stuff around the
house itself lolol. cyaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Being that the desert fild where my garden is used to be an un-offical dump
and burn the trash back in the 40/50's I find all kinds of junk and
uncountable broken bottles too. Which if things go right this summer just
might supply me with a mirror blank for a telescope mirror.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JohnS" wrote in :

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
.. .
Somewhat off topic I know, still????

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Indian arrowhead. Old bottles frm 1800s. Old rusty pipe joint.

Back in NY:

I found an Indian pendant stone. My house was on a well known portage
route between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario along the Niagara gorge.

Clay marbles, too, and a small leg from a porcelain doll.

And a complete brick pathway which ran from the house through the
backyard for 90' or so...

Here in Indiana:

Medicine bottles. Apparently a doctor had a house/office nearby and he
used what is now the horse pasture and our backyard as a dumping ground.
My draft horse generally destroys the bottles that pop up in the pasture
but not always -- sometimes I get one out intact.