Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Registered User

Default Alton Greenhouse dismantling advice

Hi,
I'm a newbie here. I've just bought a secondhand 8x10 Alton greenhouse and now must go and dismantle and collect it from the seller.
I'd like advice about the best way to do this... eg should I remove all glass or transport the panels with glass in situ?
I've ordered a complete set of assembly hardware from Alton so I can be savage when dismantling and use new screws etc when reassembling.
What sequence should I dismantle - eg roof....walls... ends. Or roof... ends...walls?

I've downloaded the assembly instructions from the Alton website and notice that there is mastic used along the ridge. Is this easy to access and cut through with a Stanley knife?

I will be hiring a van to transport the greenhouse and will need to bring all the tools I'm likely to need (screwdrivers, saw, knife, spanners) Anything else?

Alton Greenhouse - leaking roof vent Tractorboy United Kingdom 3 21-08-2011 05:58 PM
Alton greenhouse Gonelurching Gardening 0 21-01-2011 03:46 PM
Alton Towers Baal United Kingdom 0 18-04-2009 11:26 PM
dismantling greenhouse what to do with it? Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 69 20-09-2008 02:25 AM
Dismantling old greenhouse. Where to start? JBB United Kingdom 7 03-06-2004 02:05 AM