Old 20-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered User

Default Alton Greenhouse - leaking roof vent

Some of you may recall me posting re dismantling & transporting an Alton Greenhouse.
Well it's now transported and mantled in our garden.
One of the last jobs was fitting the Bayliss automatic openers to the roof vents.
They work fine - but lift the vents beyond the horizontal.
Today we had the first heavy rain since fitting the openers.
The vents were wide open and the rain falling on the glass ran to the top edge of the vent and then into the greenhouse.
Should I reglaze the vents but use mastic to proof the channels against water?
Old 21-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered User

Thanks for your prompt response, Janet.
If I adjust them so they open less wide, they don't start to open until the temperature is (in my opinion) too hot. Like about 22C.

Alton Greenhouse dismantling advice Tractorboy United Kingdom 15 05-06-2011 04:44 PM
Alton greenhouse Gonelurching Gardening 0 21-01-2011 03:46 PM
Alton Towers Baal United Kingdom 0 18-04-2009 11:26 PM
me garden shed roof is leaking :-( Kate Morgan United Kingdom 16 18-06-2007 10:13 AM
Garden Shed Roof Leaking WardaleM United Kingdom 13 07-11-2003 10:24 PM