Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered User

Default Help re Dahlias and frost

hello, for the first time this year we saved our tubers from last year and had them potted up and they had started sprouting happily and we were really proud !!we had been putting them indoors each night but on the only night in recent weeks we forgot to put them away we had a frost which got several of them. my question is how likely is it that they will re sprout, and if they dont does that mean that the frost killed the tubers. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User

Red face

Hello
I know how you feel, mine got a bit of damage as well. I read somewhere that if you cut off the damaged leaves and give them some TLC with feeding then they can recover. I had potted mine up in a tub so I moved it into my greenhouse yesterday and I think I will try cutting them back today.
Unless someone else has any other ideas
Cath

Quote:
Originally Posted by majie View Post