Old 27-06-2011, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default No new posts

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago
Old 27-06-2011, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:17:10 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago

I'm probably wasting my time sending this then (from the dry end of
the Bay) but I think you need to look at your news provider (I've read
elsewhere that Google's having many issues at the moment).
Old 28-06-2011, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago

Use another server. I use a few different servers so that all posts
get through at least one of the servers.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com
Old 28-06-2011, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago

I'm probably wasting my time sending this then (from the dry end of
the Bay) but I think you need to look at your news provider (I've read
elsewhere that Google's having many issues at the moment).

Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

Steve

Old 28-06-2011, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:56:14 +0200, Martin wrote:
Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

As if we care.

I do. I travel extensively, end up using loads of different computers.
A web based usenet reader was a perfect fit to my lifestyle, no matter
how many people were rude about google groups

--
Bob Harvey OETKB

Old 28-06-2011, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

wrote:

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago

Lots of people, on various newsgroups, not getting anything. I get the
impression Google isn't going to be doing newsgroups in the future.

Just as long as they altruistically maintain their Usenet archive,
which is very useful, though of no real profit to them. Of course the
archive would be more reliable if Ggl had some experience in running a
proper search engine...

--
Mike.
Old 28-06-2011, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:14:23 +0200, Martin wrote:

I travelled extensively and never found a need to use google groups.

How do you read usenet in a cybercafe then?

--
Bob Harvey OETKB
Old 28-06-2011, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:22:45 +0000 (UTC), Robert Harvey
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:56:14 +0200, Martin wrote:
Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

As if we care.

I do. I travel extensively, end up using loads of different computers.
A web based usenet reader was a perfect fit to my lifestyle, no matter
how many people were rude about google groups

I travelled extensively and never found a need to use google groups.
--

Martin

Have to agree with you there Martin.

Circumnavigation on a World Cruise, cruise to Singapore and fly home, cruise
to the Eastern Seaboard of the USA and Canada, cruise to the Artic Circle,
Norwegian Fjords and so much more such as the Panama Canal, Suez Canal,
Corinth Canal and like you, not needed Google groups

:-))

Mike

May you ' Rust in Peace' before you start the 'Countdown to Extinction'

Old 28-06-2011, 10:24 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Harvey View Post
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:56:14 +0200, Martin wrote:
Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

As if we care.

I do. I travel extensively, end up using loads of different computers.
A web based usenet reader was a perfect fit to my lifestyle, no matter
how many people were rude about google groups
Just done a bit of searching on Google groups. No new posts to urg since 25th. But a global search on posts within the last 24 hours shows lots of newsgroups. So it seems Google particularly dislikes urglers ;-)
__________________
Old 28-06-2011, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:24:52 +0000, kay wrote:

Just done a bit of searching on Google groups. No new posts to urg since
25th. But a global search on posts within the last 24 hours shows lots
of newsgroups. So it seems Google particularly dislikes urglers ;-)

And sheddi, trainspotters, & the caffe

--
Bob Harvey

Old 29-06-2011, 05:36 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert E A Harvey View Post
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:24:52 +0000, kay wrote:

Just done a bit of searching on Google groups. No new posts to urg since
25th. But a global search on posts within the last 24 hours shows lots
of newsgroups. So it seems Google particularly dislikes urglers ;-)

And sheddi, trainspotters, & the caffe
Ah, we're in good company, then!
__________________
Old 29-06-2011, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/06/2011 11:56, Martin wrote:

wrote:

Still not getting any new posts, last was 2 days ago

I'm probably wasting my time sending this then (from the dry end of
the Bay) but I think you need to look at your news provider (I've read
elsewhere that Google's having many issues at the moment).

Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

As if we care.

I have found it quite useful for searching old postings for solutions to
problems.

--

Jeff
Old 29-06-2011, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:04:16 +0200, Martin wrote:
How do you read usenet in a cybercafe then?

I've never had to use cybercafes.

I have Agent installed on a memory stick, I plug it into a friendly PC
and off I go.

Ah. That might work for about half of my life. But many sites will
cheerfully let you use a web browser all night, but won't let you plug
anything in.

--
Bob Harvey OETKB
Old 29-06-2011, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:56:14 +0200, Martin wrote:
Rumour has it that Google are going to stop supporting Usenet.

As if we care.

I do. I travel extensively, end up using loads of different computers.
A web based usenet reader was a perfect fit to my lifestyle, no matter
how many people were rude about google groups

I travelled extensively and never found a need to use google groups.

I traveled extensively before Google existed

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com

test i have seen no new posts starfish Orchid Photos 2 15-09-2008 06:14 AM
new posts Duncan[_2_] Orchid Photos 1 07-08-2008 02:56 AM
Not seeing any new posts since 6-10-05 ~ janj JJsPond.us Ponds 0 15-06-2005 02:42 AM
no new posts Michael W Australia 4 12-12-2004 10:24 PM