Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default I'm back

Well I can read the postings again as they are sent, but 5 posts I
have made this morning have got lost in the wide blue yonder, or
somewhere.
David
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Well I can read the postings again as they are sent, but 5 posts I
have made this morning have got lost in the wide blue yonder, or
somewhere.
David

and the wide blue yonder will have a lot in it if we go back to the
beginning ;-)

In the beginning ....

In ancient Israel , it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com
did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was a
comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was often
called
Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why dost thou travel so far from
town
to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of
camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?"

And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between
send messages saying what you have for sale, and they will reply telling you
who hath the best price. And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery
made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the
drums.
And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the
goods he had at the top price, without ever having to move from his tent.
To prevent neighbouring countries from overhearing what the drums were
saying,
Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew. It was known as
Must Send Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed a language to
transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew To The People (HTTP).

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly
take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican
Sybarites, or NERDS.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the
deafening
sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that
enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every
drum
maker in the land. And indeed did insist on drums to be made that would
work
only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by
others."
And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or eBay as it came to be
known. He said, "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "YAHOO," said
Abraham. And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid
(GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around
the
countryside. It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating
Everything (GOOGLE).

And that's how it all began !

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

of a
[...]

And you have demonstrated yet again that you are completely out of
touch with reality. Please be considerate and stop annoying everyone with
these ridiculous postings which have no bearing on the subject matter of
this newsgroup.

Bill

Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

between to
[...]

Just think Bill, if you were to start a gardening forum of your own, one
where contributors had to register, instead of just trying to stamp your
unapproved authority on this one along with the others, you could turn away
those who rattle your cage for any reason at all.

Give it a thought :-))

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

I have two options:-

1 to Killfile you

2 Give you a chance to get a grip and not be such a nuisance and a
bore.

The ball is in your court.

Bill

Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 11:12:49 +0100, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

And you have demonstrated yet again that you are completely out of
touch with reality. Please be considerate and stop annoying everyone with
these ridiculous postings which have no bearing on the subject matter of
this newsgroup.

Bill

Bill, by responding to his post you are feeding the troll, as well as
re-issuing his post that many would otherwise not see because they
have him kill-filed. Please, please don't respond to him; he takes no
notice. If you must respond, please, please make sure you don't
reproduce the irrelevant rubbish that he churns out.

I agree that he enjoys beng a prat, but as for the snippin, this NG does not
normally practise what you preach.

Bill

Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

short of a
[...]

"If you can't stand the heat of the kitchen ..................." or words of
that effect.

Kindly post where you have been raised to the sublime height of urg
'supremo'.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

If I am, then you're at the other end.
To late, you had your chance - bye-bye

Bill

Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

As I said before .....

Just think Bill, if you were to start a gardening forum of your own, one
where contributors had to register, instead of just trying to stamp your
unapproved authority on this one along with the others, you could turn
away those who rattle your cage for any reason at all.

Give it a thought :-))

You didn't did you?

What is it, trying to stamp your authority here? :-(((

:-((

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike

NEXT CONTRIBUTOR PLEASE