Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered User

Default Cauli and broad bean problems

Hi,
I have grown cauliflower for the first time and followed the instructions on the seed packet. I have started cutting a couple of them which are about 5 inches in diameter, however, I notice that a couple of them have florets which are separating and beginning to 'push up' rather than keeping the nice tight ball I expected. Any ideas where I went wrong.

Also my broad beans plants have produced lovely bean pods near the bottom of the stems but the ones further up are tiny and have withered with black on them. I had this problem last year too.

I would much appreciate help.

Lack of rain problems. And an odd broad bean No Name United Kingdom 0 14-05-2011 12:21 AM
Broad bean problems Sallyann United Kingdom 4 11-05-2006 10:49 AM
Purple Cauli's Nancy Australia 5 22-10-2005 07:45 PM
dwarf french bean or broad bean? Amber Ormerod United Kingdom 12 06-09-2004 04:17 PM
Broad Bean Problems The Gorilla United Kingdom 1 25-03-2003 08:20 PM