Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered User

Angry apple and pear tree

Hi, what is happening to my apple tree and my pear tree, they are pot grown, and both have loads of fruit and yet the leaves look like they have come to Autumn, as in they are dying off, the pear tree looks like its been hit with a blow torch, any help ????
Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default apple and pear tree

"trand" wrote
Hi, what is happening to my apple tree and my pear tree, they are pot
grown, and both have loads of fruit and yet the leaves look like they
have come to Autumn, as in they are dying off, the pear tree looks like
its been hit with a blow torch, any help ????

Sounds like lack of water, or you have let the pots sit in water and rotted
the roots so the effect is the plant can't take up water.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jul 9, 6:39*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"trand" *wrote

Hi, what is happening to my apple tree and my pear tree, they are pot
grown, and both have loads of fruit and yet the leaves look like they
have come to Autumn, as in they are dying off, the pear tree looks like
its been hit with a blow torch, any help ????

Sounds like lack of water, or you have let the pots sit in water and rotted
the roots so the effect is the plant can't take up water.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

You don't say how old the trees are, how big the pots are, A picture
would be a great help.
As Bob says it could be eratic watering, if they are new trees then
they shouldn't be cropping in their first year, and just a couple of
fruit 2nd year, as they put everything into producing fruit to the
detriment of the tree.
David

Advice on pruning young apple, pear and medlar trees for a newcomer MaxDread United Kingdom 4 16-03-2017 09:37 AM
Apple and pear trees - requirements for pollenattion AL_n United Kingdom 6 23-04-2015 12:59 PM
apple pear or Meaning What Gardening 5 23-11-2011 11:13 AM
Catapillars on Apple and Pear Trees Soria Spain Edible Gardening 1 15-08-2009 11:27 AM
when to prune apple, pear, cherry trees & redcurrents Gardening_Convert United Kingdom 3 29-08-2006 12:28 PM