Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Off topic.

My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

Baz
Old 10-07-2011, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

Baz

That's OK Baz, use the newsgroup as a public email amongst your friends and
others, just as others do here.

This will now be one of the longest threads in urg. You watch.

Mike

Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/10/2011 05:23 PM, Baz wrote:
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

I'll chime in too with a congratulations. An important and difficult
job, best of luck with the training. Well done all!

-E

Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 15:23:54 +0000, Baz wrote:

My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the
Humberside police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled
we are.

Baz

Having 'watched'* some episodes of 'Police dealing with Saturday night
****-heads', or some-such title on satellite in the early hours, I really
don't envy him. Hull seems to be the arsehole of England at present.
Still, I'm sure the Gooleys are nice.

*for some values of 'watched'.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

harry wrote in
:

On Jul 10, 4:23*pm, Baz wrote:
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the
Humberside police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how
thrilled we are.

Baz

It's a hard job.

It IS a hard job, but I know my son and I know he will be pushed,
personally and physically. He will take it all in his stride. We have
absolute confidence in him.

Thanks to all who have given the best wishes.
Baz
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Derek Turner wrote in
:

Having 'watched'* some episodes of 'Police dealing with Saturday night
****-heads', or some-such title on satellite in the early hours, I
really don't envy him. Hull seems to be the arsehole of England at
present. Still, I'm sure the Gooleys are nice.

*for some values of 'watched'.

Someone has to watch over the innocent by-standers, why not have someone
who cares? My son cares, thats why he got the job.

Baz
Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:56:19 GMT, Baz wrote:

Derek Turner wrote in
:

Having 'watched'* some episodes of 'Police dealing with Saturday night
****-heads', or some-such title on satellite in the early hours, I
really don't envy him. Hull seems to be the arsehole of England at
present. Still, I'm sure the Gooleys are nice.

*for some values of 'watched'.

Someone has to watch over the innocent by-standers, why not have someone
who cares? My son cares, thats why he got the job.

Congratulations Baz.
Your son must have got that attitude from somewhere, and it will have
been from his parents.
I'll bet he is as proud of you as you are of him.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 4:23 pm, Baz wrote:
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

Baz

It's a hard job.

But very well paid, especially with a news of the world supplement. :-)

Seriously though, congrats to him.

Steve

Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

Baz

Well done to your son Baz, give him our best regards.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

John wrote in news:ln7k17ppq0l1cjcquilc8v6qvv0jbq8st2@
4ax.com:

Congratulations Baz.
Your son must have got that attitude from somewhere, and it will have
been from his parents.
I'll bet he is as proud of you as you are of him.

I think my son got it from his employer.
His boss saw it in him and encouraged him to make something more of his
life. We did too, but his boss spends much more time with him, as in a
working day. His lovely wife and very young son only see him at tea time
and weekends.

Baz
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/07/2011 16:23, Baz wrote:
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

Baz

Congratulations all round! I have a great deal of respect for the
police and believe they do a great job. Shake his hand for me.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 13-07-2011, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote in
:

On 10/07/2011 16:23, Baz wrote:
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the
Humberside police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.

Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how
thrilled we are.

Baz

Congratulations all round! I have a great deal of respect for the
police and believe they do a great job. Shake his hand for me.

Everyone has wished the boy well, and him, his mother and me are really
chuffed with that.
We got to know today that he starts training in late October. Its a long
wait but I think that is designed into it all, in case he changes his mind.
His employer is keeping him on until then and is already recruiting.

Not everybody is happy, some of his ex shoolmates from 10yrs ago think he
is a w@*ker. He's lost some "friends". Who needs friends like that?

Thanks again to all the well wishers
Baz
Old 13-07-2011, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.
Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

I could never be a plod myself because I am law-abiding, I am not an
out-and-out
liar and I do not get my kicks from kicking others when they are down.

Old 13-07-2011, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"anon and off" wrote in message
"Baz" wrote in message
My son has been accepted to train as a police officer with the Humberside
police.
This is a big deal with our family and we are sooo pleased.
Forgive me for being off topic but I want eveyone to know how thrilled we
are.

I could never be a plod myself because I am law-abiding, I am not an
out-and-out
liar and I do not get my kicks from kicking others when they are down.

You're also a moron and a coward. What a pity you do not have the courage to
put your name to your comments.

Well done Baz's son.

--
Kathy