Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grave Solution

Hi

I've been trying to find a solution to the problem of keeping a floral
presence on my mum's grave when my siblings and I are too far away to
guarantee any kind of regular maintenance.

She loved Poppies and someone suggested a pot on her grave with some
poppies in it which would then self seed on an annual basis but
thinking about pots in my garden and what happens when they're not
regularly watered, even in the UK climate this sounds like a bit of a
pipe dream to me. My experience is that he things you want to grow in
the pots die and then more hardy weeds and grass take over until
there's a longer dry spell and then they die too and what you're left
with ends up looking like a section of the tundra. In this case
there''s a very high chance the whole thing would end up looking
neglected which is the last thing we'd want.

Can anyone feed back on the above and offer any solutions?

TIA

Skimmer Solution BenignVanilla Ponds 0 03-06-2003 08:32 PM
watering solution needed Valkyrie Gardening 11 20-05-2003 03:20 PM
squirrels / bird feeder solution tom Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
squirrels / bird feeder solution Robbin Texas 0 27-03-2003 09:32 PM
Solution to carrying your coat around while working outdoors - CoatClip Doug Hitchcock Gardening 1 15-03-2003 06:56 PM