Old 27-08-2011, 02:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default turnips

Had a packet of seeds, free from somewhere or other so sowed them on a
waste bit of soil in the veg. Beds. For the first time ever I have lots
of really lovely turnips , not too large a bit of flea beetle on leaf
but roots are lovely. Never thought of growing these but have used them
in salads and casserole and they really are nice!
Didn't pay much attention to them at all,
Wonders will never cease....
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 27-08-2011, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/08/2011 02:42, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Had a packet of seeds, free from somewhere or other so sowed them on a
waste bit of soil in the veg. Beds. For the first time ever I have lots
of really lovely turnips , not too large a bit of flea beetle on leaf
but roots are lovely. Never thought of growing these but have used them
in salads and casserole and they really are nice!
Didn't pay much attention to them at all,
Wonders will never cease....

Do you remember which variety they were, Janet?

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 27-08-2011, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Spider
writes
Do you remember which variety they were, Janet?

Oh dear no spider, they are non woody and really lovely , I'll have
alook in my seed boxes in case I left the packet in there.
Old 27-08-2011, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/08/2011 16:43, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Spider
writes
Do you remember which variety they were, Janet?

Oh dear no spider, they are non woody and really lovely , I'll have
alook in my seed boxes in case I left the packet in there.

Not to worry if you can't, but thanks for checking.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Do you remember which variety they were, Janet?

Oh dear no spider, they are non woody and really lovely , I'll have
alook in my seed boxes in case I left the packet in there.

What colour are they? We did some 'snowball' one year which were
(obviously, perhaps!) white, but they were totally eaten by anything that
went near them, so we didn't get very much edible produce.

Radishes or turnips ??? AndyS Edible Gardening 5 20-05-2006 03:01 PM
Anyone got early turnips bolting? Steve Harris United Kingdom 0 09-05-2006 05:31 PM
Problems with turnips. ah United Kingdom 0 20-10-2004 01:23 AM
Turnips Greens Jackee Edible Gardening 2 27-06-2004 08:03 PM
Turnips Steve B United Kingdom 3 08-06-2003 01:44 AM